“Looks good but not nice service”
Review of Cupcake Lady Cafe - CLOSED

Cupcake Lady Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The award-winning Cupcake Lady Cafe is officially for sale! If you have the passion and creativity to take this business to the next level that it is sooo ready for, call me!!! Ask for the Cup Cake Lady. At the Cupcake Lady Cafe 'We're not just Sweet!". We have gourmet cupcakes, cakes, crepes, waffles, panini's, smoothies, organic coffee and tea, desserts, ice cream and now serving wine and spirits. We offer a special Champagne brunch and all day breakfast. With a French Parisian atmosphere in both our indoor and outdoor cafe, we ask you to join us for wine pairings, crepe and waffle creations and desserts.Come treat yourself and friend to a decadent invasion of your senses. All foodies, wine snobs and coffee connoisseurs welcome!
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We walked in excited as we found it on urbanspoon app and place had great reviews. I took couple of pics with my phone and lady told me right away to stop snapping pictures. My husband already ordered crapes and so I ended up just getting a coffee. Before we sat I just told her that if not for pictures and Internet we wouldn't have found this place as we're out of town. She said nothing. Nice ambiance, but they need to adjust to changing days and times. French music...maybe they're going for authentic not nice service you get in Paris sometime.

1  Thank Eunika C
Gigi H, Manager at Cupcake Lady Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Customer,
I am sorry you felt it wasn't nice of me to ask you not to take photos with your I-Pad.
Customers, competitors and copycats are constantly trying to take pictures of us without even asking. It is difficult to tell the difference between an excited customer and all the others. At times, it can be very intimidating to have your picture taken without your permission. Generally, if someone asks to take photos in the shop we let them. I was under the impression you were taking photos of me, which I do not want posted on the internet. I am sorry if my response ruined your experience. I hope that you will give us another chance when you are in town again.
Come in for a complimentary cupcake on me!
The Cupcake Lady

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped here for lunch with our whole family and everyone found something they loved. There was a great selection of savory and sweet waffles and crepes. The staff were very friendly and helpful with great recommendations for choices. The kids had a regular waffle and a crepe with strawberries, bananas and mango purée. They both loved their meals. The smoked salmon eggs benny is a must have for adults! We loved it! We will definitely go back to try the other choices!

1  Thank Carolyn P
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I don't like to be negative but I have no idea what all the fuss is about. Maybe I was just overly disappointed because of the rave reviews. French works of art? Better than any place in New York? (I live in France and have eaten many works of art; and the cupcakes at Cupcake Cafe in NYC are true artistic renderings, both visually and in taste.) So I tried both the chocolate and vanilla cupcakes because the yellow and blue icings looked too neon. The icings were overly sweet and did not taste like fresh homemade ingredients. The cake part was actually good but not better than any delicious cupcakes I ever made at home with cake mix. Sorry cupcake place.

5  Thank AP1836
Gigi H, Owner at Cupcake Lady Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hilarious! Who are you? A competitor? There will always be jealous haters like you in this world. People like you would never say this to anyone's face. But somehowYou have lurk in the shadows. I actually had to laugh when I read this because not only do I not use neon colors but my cupcakes are gourmet and made with the finest ingredients. You should probably stick to cake mixes.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The best new cafe in town .We have visited Penticton so many times and stumbled on to this bright beautiful French Cafe!! It was like we were in Paris. We Loved the Coffee !! Such a beautiful Machine! Local coffee!! The drinks were Amazing! Oh! The Cupcakes were a french work of art! Realy! Plus I found out they do partys and weddings! If your in Penticton you must go have a crepe!! Oh! Sooo good mmmmmm!

1  Thank DeltaBenz
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was actually yearning for the wonderful tandoori lima beans across the street at the Wild Scallion....but I got waylaid.

I liked the 'light pink' decor....not too overwhelming but 'cup-cakey'. And the piped in French style accordion music nicely complemented the atmosphere.

And the water they served me wasn't that horrible Penticton tap water (at least it didn't taste like it) and it had a nice amount of lemon in it.

I ordered a Mediterranean crepe....it came quickly and was good. Maybe a bit doughy for my tastes but hey! C'est la crepe. They also had smoothies and a couple interesting looking breakfast omelettes on the menu....as well as the sweet fare.

This place will be really popular in the summer, no doubt!

1  Thank LarryTheRadioGuy