“Everything on the menu except the beer is Gluten Free”
Review of Wild Scallion

Wild Scallion
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2019

As a Celiac on a quest for Gluten Free food I ventured into Wild Scallion for lunch. "Everything on the menu except the beer is Gluten Free" she said. Are you kidding me?!? So, I decided on the Tomato Basil soup with a Beet Salad. A glass of warm water was served and the soup, although rather tasty, was only warm. However the Beet Salad made up for it. It was awesome and a very generous portion! Next time I'll try the Pad Thai, which the server says is excellent, along with another Beet Salad, of course. The interior ambiance of the restaurant is a little "iffy", but I'll still definitely be going back to sample more of their Gluten Free offerings.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Really enjoy the atmosphere here. It's super simple and looks disorganized in certain parts but the vibe is very nice and the outside tables on a sunny day on colourful front street is awesome. I used to eat a fair bit here and after a long break I was surprised to see the portions had grown which is exactly what was needed. I was full of delicious vegan options and the staff are super chill.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed December 25, 2018

The food here is not your average fair. All of the dishes are all or mostly organic. There is a wide variety of unique food that includes vegetarian and vegan dishes.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

We had an early dinner at the Scallion.
We were going to the movie and wanted something light. Cold out and wanted something warm. We all had a soup.
I had there soup full of noodles and veggies. Laksa the best!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 5, 2018

It's always a treat to find somewhere serving vegan food. We had a late lunch of salad rolls which were very filling and the peanut sauce fabulous. The servers could have been friendlier and seemed to defer to regulars while I was asking a question and again while trying to pay the bill. The inside was rather dark but there is an outside patio.

Date of visit: October 2018