“Good Location”

Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
London
“Good Location”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Typical Super 8, but very clean and tidy. Good salt swimming pool and wireless internet. Staff very helpfull

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed here for a soccer tournament. Nothing special, no frills. Pretty expensive for what we got ($229 a night) but I think that's somewhat average for Penticton in August. Especially when we only booked 2 months in advance.

• Stayed August 2009
Vernon
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Not the Hilton, but spotless and quiet, and the staff was super friendly. After reading other reviews, I was a bit reluctant, but others I knew had a good experience. April is not your high season, but it was full, and very quiet. Several restaurants close by made it a good location to stay at. My wife is super picky, and if she said it was clean, then it definitely was.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 30, 2008

The setting is depressing as there is only one small window and it looks onto the parked car in the lot. The receptionist was extemely rude. We had a biking accident the day of check out and when we returned 2 hours after checkout we were charged 50% of the day rate. When I tried to explain I was told that I was being rude.
I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — rude receptionist
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank gigiparis

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

Abbotsford
Reviewed August 20, 2008

For $229 a night I would expect a clean room and enough parking spaces for all guests. When my wife booked she was told the hotel had clean and newly decorated rooms. Perhaps but we were in a dated, dingy room with sticky carpets. Rooms of this caliber rarely cost over $100 anywhere in BC. The maids did not clean the room, provide fresh towels, or make the beds. They did empty the garbage can in the room but did not remove the garbage bag from the room. The lady at the front desk was not at all interested in addressing our concerns. Penticton has many other hotels that offer far better value.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, parking, rude staff, very poor value.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank WalterE
BC
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I stayed here with my parents. I was planning to sleep in my camper van in the parking lot but the motel said I could stay in the room for an extra $10. We all agreed the room was lovely and the facilities were great! Breakfast was a real treat...such a homey atmosphere and everything you could want for a filling breakfast. We had car trouble before leaving and the lady at the desk was extremely helpful, locating a garage that would help us immediately. Our experience here was top notch!! Oh...the little park area in the centre of the courtyard is really special and something families would especially enjoy. This place felt much more like home than most motels. We'd definitely stay here again and woudl reccommend it to everyone.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank castlerock2000
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed May 25, 2007

As a five-time visitor to Penticton over the past 10 years, most recently this past week at this hotel, I was a bit surprised by the previous reviews. It is actually cheaper to stay here than at other chain hotels in this town. Only the privately owned motels are cheaper, and they are not as comfortable or well maintained, based on my experience. This town is an extremely popular place to visit , so the hotels get away with charging more. There are other towns in this region (Kelowna, Osooyoos) that charge less and are only a few hours' drive away.

During this visit, the room was clean, and the breakfast was good. There were families with school-aged kids staying at the same time, as there was a children's festival going on, but everyone behaved well, even in the pool. I enjoyed the salt water pool, as I prefer it to chlorinated fresh water; it is a matter of personal taste. The kids loved it!

The front desk service is slow, but that has been the case at other Penticton hotels as well. I can't comment on other people's experiences with the management, but the staff were attentive during my stay.

We paid $220 Canadian for two adults for two nights, lower than the rates other reviewers quoted, because we visited during the week in the Spring. Expect to pay more during the Summer, especially during the Peach Festival and the Ironman Triathlon. So now you've all been warned!

• Liked — Salt water pool--feels like open water swimming indoors.
  • Disliked — Very slow front desk.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Stella-Bethlehem