“Super8 Penticton” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Coquitlam
“Super8 Penticton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Overall a nice stay. Quiet hotel, nice pool and hot tub area. I also really liked the little picnic area with BBQ's for the guests to use. Continental breakfast was good, and the staff were very friendly and very helpful. My only complaint is that the showers weren't very good. The temperature changed from freezing to scalding then back to normal, then freezing to scalding. Also the WIFI was a little slow.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8lisa, Front Desk at Super 8 Penticton BC, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We do appreciate your review. We are sorry for the fluctuating temperatures in the showers. We will discuss possible solutions during our next meeting. Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we will have settled this by the time of your next visit.
Regards

Lizz
Super 8 Penticton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Drayton Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

* Hotel check-in was friendly and efficient
* Price for room seemed high compared to other Super 8 hotels I have stayed in, but the price is probably reflective of the location and market
* LIghting in room was non-existent. I tried the switch within the door, but it is connected to the floor lamp which was turned off. It took me a couple of minutes to source out a light. I ended up having to prop the door open so i could get some light in the room to find a light switch. I contemplated getting my flashlight out of my truck.
* Noise from hotel guest directly above my room was disturbing. See comments below. No, i didn't complain to hotel staff and get another room. I though they would get quieter. This resulted in probably the worst night of sleep I've had in a hotel in quite a while.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8lisa, Front Desk at Super 8 Penticton BC, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. They really mean a lot to us, and give us ways to improve. I am very sorry that the lamp and the light switch were out of sync when you arrived. That is not what we had intended. I will speak with the head housekeeper, so she can remind everyone to check those lights before they complete the rooms. We are also very sorry that you had a noise issue. We do try to keep ahead of that, but sometimes it is difficult, if we can not hear it. A good night sleep is what we want all our Guests to get, and I am sorry that you did not get yours.
We hope that next time you visit us, it will not happen again, and that your Stay will be Super. (remind me when you check in, and I will get you the room upstairs.)
Regards