“Dismal Butter Chicken”

Lachi - Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 205 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TASTE THE REAL INDIAN FOOD. We’ll make each dish to your liking, from mild to extra spicy and everything in between.Please come and join us for lunch or dinner. We also provide Takeout and Delivery
Reviewed November 29, 2014

I have never tasted a blander butter chicken. It lacked all the aromatic spices that one would expect with dish--tasted like tomato soup that a few chili peppers had swam through. Unfortunately this is my favorite indian dish, but not at the Lachi!!! I guess I'll have to venture to Kelowna again to the Dawatt--their butter chicken is simply amazing.
But the Lamb Rogan Josh we had was good and spicy. The raita was plentiful and had a cooling effect for the spice. Good naan bread as well. The salad was rather drenched in dressing.
Portions are not large, but a side of naan bread will help fill you up.
I wont be rushing back, but I might return sometime down the road, and hopefully I'll remember to avoid the butter chicken.

Reviewed November 21, 2014

Great fast service, butter chicken, chili chicken, vegetable vindaloo, naan, awesome, my personal favourites.

Reviewed November 20, 2014

Extremely delicious food. Mostly North Indian dishes. Non-vegetarian as well as a number of vegetarian dishes, all tasteful. As usual in Indian eateries one can have their food spicy and hot or not. Nice cosy atmosphere and located right on Main Street. Good service, went there for dinner. Had a sizzling prawn dish which was quite good. The naans were perfect. The portuins were ample for all the dishes we ordered. Reasonable price too.

Reviewed November 15, 2014

Everytime I order from here, the food is awesome. The best Indian food in Penticton by far! I would go there more often but my stomach can't handle spicy food that much anymore. Still I put it through it's paces once in a while just to enjoy the flavour "Oh so good"!

Reviewed November 11, 2014

Finally had a chance to sit down to a full meal instead of takeout. Just as good as I expected. The server was very friendly, although a little surprised that I ordered my food "London Hot", their term, not mine, and ate it all. It seems they aren't allowed to make it any hotter than that, so if you like it really hot, bring your own sauce. Otherwise, portions were good, menu was extensive, and I am anticipating many more visits working my way through the dishes. Oh, and did I mention, the value was exceptional. 2 appys, poppadams, two entres, two alcoholic beverages, $31.00, before tip.

1  Thank livetoride2003