“Top Indian ”

Lachi - Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 192 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: TASTE THE REAL INDIAN FOOD. We’ll make each dish to your liking, from mild to extra spicy and everything in between.Please come and join us for lunch or dinner. We also provide Takeout and Delivery
“Top Indian ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Having eaten in a number of curry houses around the world this place compares with the best. Once we'd overcome the lime pickle / mango pickle confusion (it's an essential with popadams for me), it was straight onto the best tikka masala which was cooked at medium spice to perfection.

Thank you, we miss decent Indian food!

Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“Just just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is just great - excellent environment - subtle understated calm and just super

The best korma out of the uk, rice light and fluffy, naan soft and tasty - mixed grill fabulous

I would highly recommend this curry house without a single doubt

“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am amazed at all the great reviews for this restaurant. I agree that it is good value for your money, and the meat in the dishes was very tender, but our butter chicken totally lacked the fragrant indian spices I expect to find in the dish. It tasted more like tomato soup over chicken. I have had much tastier butter chicken from the freezer section of specialty grocery stores. Our Naan bread was warm at best. It would have been much tastier if it had been served piping hot. The lamb rogan josh had nice spices, and the raita was good as well.

The restaurant was quite busy, but I think its because there just is not much competition for in the indian restaurant in our town. If I want full flavoured Indian food, I will still make the drive to the Dawatt in Kelowna where I am always pleased with my meal.

• Visited March 2014
Penticton, Canada
“Best food in Penticton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My favourite restaurant in Penticton!! The mango chicken and coconut naan are so delicious!!! Great service and affordable pricing with amazing food make this place the best of Penticton!!

• Visited January 2014
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very efficient, friendly staff at Lachi. The food was perfect, every bite! Try the Indian white wine, it is exquisite and uniquely different from BC wines. Will return again soon. It would have been nice to have a little privacy, as the tables are set up in one smallish room.

• Visited February 2014