“Best in town!”

Lachi - Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 192 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: TASTE THE REAL INDIAN FOOD. We’ll make each dish to your liking, from mild to extra spicy and everything in between.Please come and join us for lunch or dinner. We also provide Takeout and Delivery
“Best in town!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

BEST INDIAN FOOD HANDS DOWN IN PENTICTON!

No need to look further!!!! Butter chicken is a lunch staple at my work!!!
Lunch deal is $10! Butter chicken/rice/naan/ and salad!

Canada
“Variety of naans!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The decor and ambiance of the restaurant was nothing special, however, the dinner for 2 was a great deal. They have a large variety of naan flavors (plain, garlic,coconut). Great portion sizes, dishes come out in individual decorated bowls. Choose your spice level to suit your tastes! Would return!

• Visited March 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I love Indian food and since we were staying at a resort nearby to get some needed R and R we thought we would try Lachi's. The atmosphere and decor for an Indian restaurant was average. It was busy the night we were there(9th) which usually is a good sign. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and her service was very good. We both ordered lamb dishes--Lamb Korma and Lamb Rogan Josh. The lamb korma could have used a little more seasoning as the taste was rather flat. The lamb rogan josh was good but not outstanding. The Naan bread was very good. And for dessert the kulfi was average at best. Both my wife and I agreed that Lachi's cannot match Da Tandoor or Dawett's in Kelowna for Indian food.

• Visited February 2013
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“HOT STUFF!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I like my Indian food VERY HOT. But my Mom doesn't tolerate spicy food well - and my quest this week is to find a nice Indian place that I can take her to. I visited Lachi for lunch the other day, and ordered a Butter Chicken prepared "with no spice at all", to which the server replied "Mild, OK".

The food arrived quickly, and it was very tasty - nice soft Naan, well-prepared basmati rice, and a REALLY NICE house salad dressing. The butter chicken was tender and extremely tasty - but I was a little disappointed to feel that it was still "packing some heat". I would say their 'mildest' still rates about "two chillies", so be warned if you are looking for something really Mild...

Overall, a pleasant enough little restaurant, and they served very tasty tea (not masala chai, but a well chosen black tea). I'll be back for more ( just not with my parents...)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mm__j__ww
Calgary, Canada
“Always a good meal!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Been to this place at least 4 times since the Summer; last visit about a week ago. Always busy. Seems to have a dedicated following and what the atmosphere lacks is more than made up by the food and presentation. The flat breads that accompany the meal are fantastic and you can specify how hot you prefer the dish. Always order off the menu and forego the special as the prices are so reasonable. My advice would be to order as quickly as possible as they are a little slow in getting the food out. Typically I wouldn't bother with wine here (I think they have one white on the menu) but I did try an Indian beer once. Seems to be anall in the family enterprize; although on this last visit they have hired some additional outside staff. Patronize a local restaurant and support a hard working family as well ... in my books that is a plus any way you spin it! Will be back again in a month or two.

• Visited January 2013