The location of the hotel was great, nice courtyard & pool area. The front desk clerk upon check in was friendly and very polite. The entrance to the "tower" had nice decor & gave us the impression that this was a higher end hotel.
The room we had was laid out nicely, with a very comfortable king size bed. We utilized the jacuzzi tub each day.
Our impression, however, was soured by a number of issues:
The shower head fitting was loose from the wall. The drain ring in the sink was completely broken. It was obvious that the bathroom had not been cleaned very well as there was a crumpled piece of paper lying beside the toilet on the floor.
Both bedside lamps would turn on when bumped. There was peeling wallpaper by the jacuzzi tub and holes in the wall paper above the TV. A dried up peach pit was in the garbage can.
The first night of our stay we noticed an unidentifiable black substance on the bottom bed sheet. The following morning we let the staff know that we would like the sheets changed by leaving the "in room" placard asking for a sheet change right next to the "stain" to bring this to their attention.
That evening we noticed that the new sheets were torn in several places at the foot of the bed. We figured that this must be the best that the hotel could do so we left them for the remainder of our stay.
Upon checkout, when we informed the clerk of the issues with the room, an apology was offered, but nothing was suggested as compensation for our less-than-adequate experience.
We have stayed in hotel rooms ranging from $65 specials to $200+ luxury suites. We are fairly easy to please and only expect the basics like clean sheets and a clean room in good repair.
We must say that our room at the Ramada was not worth the $140 "special group rate" and it certainly would not have been worth the full amount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on Hwy 97 in the sun-drenched Okanagan Valley, surrounded by captivating landscapes and enchanting lakes…the Penticton Ramada welcomes you! Our resort-style, pet-friendly property is easy to reach, yet our serene atmosphere feels worlds away. We are the ultimate getaway spot in British Columbia! Business, pleasure or both? The Penticton Ramada offers the perfect escape. In-room coffee makers and bar fridges, voicemail, cozy stone fireplaces, bubbling Jacuzzi baths, private patios and a fitness centre. Our delightful garden courtyard is complete with playground, seasonal outdoor pool, hot tub and BBQ area. We offer free Wi-Fi access as well as free, local daily newspapers available in the main lobby. We have on-site guest laundry facilities available and there is access to dry cleaning services nearby. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Stay with us….and create Okanagan memories that last a lifetime. The beautiful region around the Penticton Ramada offers endless opportunities for fun! There’s hiking and biking, paddle boarding, boating and beaches! In winter, there is amazing skiing and snow boarding too. Okanagan Lake offers great fishing and the town boasts unforgettable shopping and dining. We are located right next door to the Penticton Golf and Country Club, so you can ‘hit the links’! The family will love a day at Loco Landing Adventure Park where everyone can enjoy go-karts, bumper boats, arcades and mini golf. Spend a relaxing day exploring the nearby lake communities of Naramata, Oliver, Summerland and Peachland. Indulge in world-class wineries, restaurants and cafes tucked between lush orchards and vineyards. Our own Kettle Valley Station Pub serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on-site. Our poolside Blue Tail Bar and Grill is open daily during the summer season (weather permitting). There are many popular restaurants nearby: classic Greek dishes can be found at Theo’s; authentic Italian cuisine at Villa Rosa; or try the Vallarta Grill for a traditional, flavorful Mexican meal. Make a reservation at The Hooded Merganser for a special occasion. The Penticton Ramada boasts a wide range of meeting, conference, banquet and catering facilities, including some unique outdoor venues on our beautiful two-acre courtyard. We can handle a variety of requirements and our catering department is famous for their food and outstanding service. Come see why we are one of Penticton’s premier meeting places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Penticton
- Ramada Inn & Suites Penticton Hotel Penticton
- Ramada Inn Penticton
- Ramada Inn Hotel Penticton
- Ramada Penticton
- Courtyard Penticton
- Penticton Ramada