“Unbelievable Hospitality & Fantastic Rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterfront Inn

Waterfront Inn
Waterfront Inn
“Unbelievable Hospitality & Fantastic Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The owner Peter was a wonderful host and his establishment a 5 star Inn!! Highly recommend this hotel to everyone not only for location but for the personal attention you will receive as well. Friendly, helpful and accommodating! Newly renovated suites and amazing European spa! I will stay at this Inn every time I am in Penticton for business or pleasure. Todd

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just wanted to let everyone know I stayed at this property this past week while working in Penticton. The Manager was very accommodating and the room was clean and quiet and the bed was great. This motel as right at the water front to Skaha Lake and has amazing green spaces and walking trails. The site is close to restaurants and a few seconds drive away from anything else you made need. I do wish Trip adviser would move them into a more user friendly category as Specialty Property makes it hard to find when really its a motel and should be under motel.
Teresa Durning
Vernon Visitor Centre Manager
Vernon BC

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank teresadurning38
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Alhough we only stayed one night on our way from Nelson to Vancouver, our host (Peter) definitely left an impression. The Inn has recently been updated (rooms are clean and nicely painted, TV's in both bedroom and living room, and a Spa room with hot tub) and is located close to Skaha Lake (with lake view from the upstairs outside walkway). Peter is a wealth of information and was happy to recomment places to go for dinner and breakfast, and we were not disappointed with his choices. The rooms offer kitchenette, separate living room and bedroom and there are tables and chairs on the upstairs walkway. Overall a positive experience. Price in May is $125 per night (couple).

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a view from the outside walkway and outside sitting space
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Waterfront Inn has the ideal location for those who like being close to the beach, great views and close walking distance to many stores. The room we stayed in was very clean and modern, with not one but two flat screen tv's in our room! Our dog was also welcome and the staff was always pleasant and ready to answer any questions we had. The sauna and spa was an added bonus! We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

My daughters and I stayed at the motel last summer for a few days. The rooms, although a bit outdated, were very clean, spacious and well looked after. Peter is fantastic and very helpful. The staff were all very friendly. The motel is located steps away from the beach which makes it an ideal choice especially if you have kids. My girls loved walking to the ice cream shop around the corner from the motel after dinner. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

We attempted to float down the channel. This was our first time there and quickly realized our flimsy floatation devices (2 for 1 special ~ one sprung a leak) were not appropriate as the water was very high and moving quicker than we had anticipated. Our plans for a leisurely float were squashed but we are planning on going back this summer and will make sure we have sturdier equipment and a life jacket for the youngest.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Red Deer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful three-day stay at the Waterfront Inn in Penticton. The suites are spacious, super clean and well equipped. Peter, the owner, really helped us out since we were stuck for a place to stay (since a big convention in town had snapped up all the available rooms). The Waterfront Inn wasn't even open for the season yet but Peter graciously made a suite available for us -- with no advance notice at all. We were VERY impressed and will definitely go back for another stay at this beautiful beachfront locale.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here for three days in September. I paid a rate of $89.00/night for a small room for one person. I was in British Columbia for other reasons and decided to stop in Penticton for a few days to get in some swimming. First the location. The hotel is the closest one to Skaha Beach. I cannot recommend the beach to highly. The water is brisk, but after a few minutes just fine. The water is incredibly clear. The beach was uncrowded, never more than twenty people. And the views were fantastic. The air is always clearer in the fall and I have never seen this area look prettier. The hotel is definitely not modern, it is very much a 60s style motel, but the price was right. I liked the owner very much. My rate was lower than what is shown on the tripadvisor website. I don't know if I got a lower rate because I was traveling alone or because Penticton is not busy at this time of year. I had a mini fridge and microwave in my room so I was able to eat my meals in. Many of the rooms had full kitchens, but I didn't need one. There are barbecues and a patio area available. I plan to go back for a longer stay with my wife next September and stay again at the Waterfront. if you are not picky about having a fancy room and are looking for great value this it the place to stay. My children are now adults but I would have loved this place when they were kids. I remember how handy it was to be in a hotel that was close to the beach.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo