WINNER WONDERLAND

Hostelling International - Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Me and my son (7 years) did a round trip in BC, Rocky Mountains. In our come back to Van we would stop in the hostel to have a break of the long drive. We should stay 2 nights but it was there so good that we stayed 5 nights! We slept in a private room, quiet and very good. Each morning you can have donuts and coffee for free!

I recommend certainly this place were I met gorgeous people and an excellent helpful staff.

See you soon back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed in a 2-bunk private room, father and daughter, from Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Excellent value. Clean room, towels and bedding, decent facilities for showering and toilets and a good kitchen. Staff were highly motivated and very obliging. There were a few residents who obviously used the hostel as a reasonably low cost base while doing seasonal work in the area. I found these residents to be very personable and we were happy to associate with them. Highly recommended.
Prof John Roulston

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Having read some dodgy reviews about this place I was really apprehensive staying here for a night. My worries were unwarranted though- it was a pretty traditional hostel with ppl from all walks of life but no noticeable creeps (as described in another review).
My bf and I shared a bunk bed private room upstairs (had option for big dbl bed downstairs, but was too close to the slightly noisy common outside area). Room was fine. Bed fine. Temperature fine. Nice bathroom- very clean. Big kitchen downstairs which looked like it had everything you could need (we didnt use it though).
No "breakfast" provided, but coffee and donuts for first in.
Oh we ate at an awesome takeawayish turkish place that was recommended to us by the hostel dude. The owner was cool and the food was delish.
Pretty decent hostel that id recommend for a quick trip.

Room Tip: Ask to hv a look at the rooms first to choose what works best for you!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BonnieEJ
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Two friends and me stayed here for 3 nights and we found it to be a great place. The common room is spacious and the kitchen is well equipped but maybe a bit tiny. The whole hostel was always clean and staff was very friendly. The rooms are not so spacious but do look really nice and the beds are comfortable. he location is perfect - everything is in walking distance! I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank swiss-muffin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Go for room G. Clean, quaint, comfortable bed! We drive in at midnight and our keys were waiting for us. There was free parking on the street and I felt that the area was safe and quiet. In the morning we were able to stroll to downtown easily to get coffee. Great value for our money too, I think it was one of the cheaper hostels in the area. I would come back for sure!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Curlygirl3007
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at this hostel and found it to be a nuthouse. Most of the guests were homeless men of all ages and one of them was sexually harrassing me and another tried to get me drunk and kept passing around a bottle of whiskey.They sounded like very rough characters. One old guy showed up late at night and looked really shabby, and he was missing half of his teeth. One time I was in the ladies washroom and one of the guys was standing in the male washroom just across from the ladies washroom. The lights were out in his washroom and he was watching me. I closed the door and locked it. Another guy looked like a zombie and did not move his arms when he walked. He kept tramping dirt into the hostel and left the kitchen filthy. Ditto for some of those other guys. I couldn't stand to use the kitchen, it reeked too. I either ate in my room or went out. The staff did not care less and one of them told me not to complain, to put up with it and if I didn't like it I could leave. I did not feel safe there and there is no staff member there between 10pm and 8am and then no one there from 12noon to 5pm.

After I left I ended up staying in a hotel for a couple of nights just to recuperate, it was such a horrid experience at that hostel. And the hotel ended up costing me more money anyway. But it was worth it.

Room Tip: Unless you like living in the twililght zone, avoid this place.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank annette j

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

This Hostel is nicely located on quiet Ellis Street. Just around the corner you find Main Street.
There was no complimentary breakfast. The Hostel has a big kitchen though. In the back exits the possibility to park your car. I stayed in a 6-bed-room. The interior of the room seems to have seen better days but it was okay.
The common room was nicely decorated and cosy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo