Hostelling International - Penticton
5000 Motel(Penticton)
$83
Beachside Motel(Penticton)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Two friends and me stayed here for 3 nights and we found it to be a great place. The common room is spacious and the kitchen is well equipped but maybe a bit tiny. The whole hostel was always clean and staff was very friendly. The rooms are not so spacious but do look really nice and the beds are comfortable. he location is perfect - everything is in walking distance! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank swiss-muffin
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Go for room G. Clean, quaint, comfortable bed! We drive in at midnight and our keys were waiting for us. There was free parking on the street and I felt that the area was safe and quiet. In the morning we were able to stroll to downtown easily to get coffee. Great value for our money too, I think it was one of the cheaper hostels in the area. I would come back for sure!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Curlygirl3007
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at this hostel and found it to be a nuthouse. Most of the guests were homeless men of all ages and one of them was sexually harrassing me and another tried to get me drunk and kept passing around a bottle of whiskey.They sounded like very rough characters. One old guy showed up late at night and looked really shabby, and he was missing half of his teeth. One time I was in the ladies washroom and one of the guys was standing in the male washroom just across from the ladies washroom. The lights were out in his washroom and he was watching me. I closed the door and locked it. Another guy looked like a zombie and did not move his arms when he walked. He kept tramping dirt into the hostel and left the kitchen filthy. Ditto for some of those other guys. I couldn't stand to use the kitchen, it reeked too. I either ate in my room or went out. The staff did not care less and one of them told me not to complain, to put up with it and if I didn't like it I could leave. I did not feel safe there and there is no staff member there between 10pm and 8am and then no one there from 12noon to 5pm.

After I left I ended up staying in a hotel for a couple of nights just to recuperate, it was such a horrid experience at that hostel. And the hotel ended up costing me more money anyway. But it was worth it.

Room Tip: Unless you like living in the twililght zone, avoid this place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank annette j
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This Hostel is nicely located on quiet Ellis Street. Just around the corner you find Main Street.
There was no complimentary breakfast. The Hostel has a big kitchen though. In the back exits the possibility to park your car. I stayed in a 6-bed-room. The interior of the room seems to have seen better days but it was okay.
The common room was nicely decorated and cosy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the HI in Penticton.
I have to mention we booked a dorm room as a private. If you're more than 2people it's really worth it! The room was big enough and nicely decorated.
We had 2 nice and quiet nights in the HI Penticton, though it was a little cold. They have a big kitchen and common area that is well equipped.
The staff is friendly and the washrooms are allright. Though there was one that was very small.
The hostel is close to the city centre and what we found really nice is that there's a board on which you can find recommendations of the staff as far as restaurants and cafesare concerned.

Room Tip: book a private room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family