“Pretty good hotel for a small town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino

Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Hong Kong, China
“Pretty good hotel for a small town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice in march for a period of 7 nights. The location of the hotel is pretty good right by lake Okanagen with ample parking. The in house facilities are good with 2 great restaurants which are good value for money. The food at the hooded merganser is slightly better and is open 7 nights a week as opposed to the tapas bar.

The rooms are clean and a decent size with very comfortable beds. The only downside is that sometimes the tv isnt always crystal clear. But then again the front desk were very good in rectifying the issue. All in all I enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again when i come to Penticton.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
godpr, General Manager at Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We are grateful for your considerations and are glad to hear that you enjoyed all our resorts diverse facilities and dining venues. We would be happy to accommodate you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Merritt, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

What we thought would be a great hotel choice to stay at for our daughter's hockey tournament actually turned into one of the worst hotel stays I've experienced. But before I get to the negative, I will say what I enjoyed about the hotel: Our family dog was traveling with us, so it was nice that they were accommodating to that. We even got a little doggy goody bag upon check-in. The hotel was nice, clean, and right on the water with lots of walking space.

This hotel rating takes a nose-dive because of the atmosphere, bed, and customer service. The first night we were there I could hear music, but it was at a reasonably "quiet" level that I could make myself fall asleep. The next night, however, the club music (bass, bass, bass!) was blaring so loudly there was no way anyone could fall asleep through that. It started around 11 and the last time I checked my alarm clock it was 1:30. I phoned downstairs once and they said they would check on it. It seemed to quiet down a tiny bit, but then resumed its normal decibel level. To pair with that, the beds were uncomfortable and pillows way too big and puffy.

The next morning when we checked out I conveyed my dissatisfaction with the loud music and our lack of sleep. The customer service agent simply stared blankly at me and suggested I stay at the other end of the hotel next time. This made me laugh! I said there is no way I will ever stay there again!!

Room Tip: Do not choose a room near the pool area or casino/bar/wherever any noise can filter through.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank M K
godpr, General Manager at Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time in writing this response. It is incredibly unfortunate that the noise level was not at all agreeable and thus compromised your experience with us. As a resort, we pride ourselves in being family-oriented and pet-friendly, while offering many different venues and outlets for dining, entertainment and recreational purposes that cater to a range of preferences and needs. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, and hope that should you choose to stay with us again, we will be able to accommodate all of your necessities to ensure the most relaxing, quiet and enjoyable vacation.

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I recently went to The Barking Parrot before a Penticton Vees Hockey Game and
had and excellent meal for $25, if you add in the nice bottle of wine for another $20. For $45 dollars we had a great view of the lake and a fantastic waitress.
Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotel Patron

Your feedback is most welcome and greatly appreciated! We are so pleased that you and your wife enjoyed our Two can Dine for $25 special at The Barking Parrot, complimenting a night of Vee’s hockey, and that you found excellent value and quality for the price. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Oyama, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Myself and the people with me ordered room service. First of all they were super rude on the phone and told us they has too many orders and couldn't bring us the pizza we ordered. Eventually they showed up with said pizza even though we weren't expecting it anymore and said if we didn't pay for it they'd bill the room anyways. On top of that they had the nerve to add a $15 tip for themselves! Outraged. I didn't find that out until I was charged at checkout and had no choice to pay. When I confronted the front desk about this matter they simply said they'd "investigate" but I haven't heard anything back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PitbullPrincess
Hanna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently met our family members here to share our parents 60th wedding anniversary. The penthouse suite is wonderful and nice to entertain in. We had very good meals at the Hooded Merganser restaurant. The staff at the restaurant were wonderful with our parents and treated us exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The wife and I were here in September 2013 for a wedding and let me tell you it was an amazing place to stay. Right from check in to check out there was nothing lacking. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms were great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate the time you took to write this response and share your experience with us! We are so pleased that your time with us was most enjoyable and memorable and that we were able to accommodate all your needs not just as a wedding patron, but as one of our own valued hotel guests. We hope you and your wife will visit us again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Was in Penticton on business and found the Lakeshore Resort Conventions Centre to be top quality hotel. Casino was a bit same-old but all other aspects of the place are worth staying for. Great Staff, nice restaurants (be sure to stay for Breakfast), and a spectacular view of the lake.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeview
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penticton
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites
Sandman Hotel Penticton
Sandman Hotel Penticton
#29 of 44 in Penticton
3.0 of 5 stars 196 reviews

Been to Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre & Casino? Share your experiences!