Stayed at this "resort" for two weeknights earlier this month.
I felt the price of $180 per night (including tax and parking) it was grossly overpriced, but I guess you are paying for the location, which was excellent. It's at the end of Lakeshore, near shopping, restaurants and an easy walk to downtown.
With a room facing the lake, it's nice to step out onto the balcony in the morning, enjoy the sunrise and beautiful view. The downside is the noise of the music & patrons of the Barking Parrot night club during the evenings, lasting until after 2:00 am. I can't imagine what it's like in the high season.
The room itself was fairly clean. We noticed dirty finger marks on the light switchs and bathroom door. The bathtub is extremely slippery, so you have to use the Rubbermaid bathmat which is shared by previous guests. The soap bar sticks to the counter and the toilet paper was likely #3 grade sandpaper.The railing of the balcony was also covered with spiders & webs which wasn't very pleasant. There was a fridge in the dresser, which I didn't even know until I opened what I thought was a drawer!
The door to the room has an automatic closing mechanism, which causes it to slam. It was difficult to sleep with guests doors slamming all the time. The door to the balcony is extremely heavy and was a challenge to open and close.
I noticed a "no smoking" sign on the balcony as well and it seems that the hotel doesn't allow smoking anywhere on the property. It lists 3 or 4 places that you can smoke outside only. It's against the law to light up anywhere else & a $250 fine if you're caught. This isn't an issue for me, but it could be for those that smoke.
Breakfast at Magnums was very good and reasonably priced. There is a nice gift shop and I read there is a pool and fitness area as well. Parking spots were sometimes difficult to find, as I think the casino gets pretty busy.
If I need to stay in Penticton again, I would not chose this "resort".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Penticton Lakeside Resort is a full service hotel in Penticton that offers luxurious amenities, clean, spacious rooms, and a spectacular view of Okanagan Lake. We offer a number of dining options, nearby attractions, and room accommodations to ensure that you can thoroughly enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Penticton Lakeside Resort & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre And Casino
- Penticton Lakeside Resort Convention Centre Hotel Penticton
- Penticton Lakeside Hotel Convention Centre