All reviews across the street gyro park great location okanagan lake close to downtown under new management room cleaning indoor pool long weekend enjoyed my stay a great stay peach lakeshore cleanliness waterfront bc
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2016

We went for a wedding on the July 1 long weekend. I fully expected to be sleeping in a run-down, low rent place. What a pleasant surprise! The rooms are a little dated for sure but very clean and comfortable. Our bathroom was spotless! The location is fantastic! We could walk in to the downtown core and the lake is literally right across the street. Their rooms are half the price of the Lakeside Resort two blocks away and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Parking was a bit of a challenge due to their being fully booked but we managed. Very good value here.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2016

Thank you for your post.

We are always happy to hear from our guests.

We hope you will come see us again.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

2 nights, 2 queen room.
Just down the street from the Spanish Villa (sister motel). Both are located in the heart of Penticton facing the water and makes up for the dated and older decor. It's a budget/no frills option - with a perfect location. My sister prefers the Slumber lodge (quiet street location, and room layout). Didn't try the indoor pool.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 905

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Your feedback is very important to us as it lets us know what we are going right and what we can improve on.

We hope to see you and your sister again.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

So this was a weekend away for five, 50+ women friends. Booked 2 rooms with this motel. A 2 bedroom suite that should have had a hide-a-bed, but didn't. And an adjoining room. Which turned out, had a double bed only, yes, that's it --no bathroom, just a bed for an extra $100/night. We managed with 1 bathroom for 5 of us and one of us had to sleep on the sofa that was supposed to be a hide-a-bed. When I told the front desk that this is not what was booked I was told they didn't have rooms with hide-a-beds and when I asked about the adjoining room (with no bathroom) there was no reaction from front desk staff. I guess you have to ask if there is a bathroom in a room now, shouldn't the Motel tell people when they book there is not a bathroom included in the room??? The Motel was booked solid this weekend and it seems the front desk staff could care less about our concerns.
Call before you book and get the room configuration in writing!!.... We are very disappointed with this Motel and staff...beware before you book.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank terry49
Reviewed August 27, 2015

I was in a hurry to check in and the front desk staff was very helpful in getting me processed quickly. I rushed off to my event, and had an uneventful evening when I returned. The room was not that clean: candy wrappers behind the nightstand (discovered when I plugged in my laptop) and a dirty cleaning rag left on the bathroom floor. I put my fresh fruit for the following morning in the bar fridge; however the next morning my peaches and banana where hard as rocks. The setting was medium yet it froze everything. A nasty surprise. Wifi worked very well. The room was non-smoking, and that was great, however lawn chairs and smoking receptacles had been placed on the balcony running the length of the building so this is where smokers hung out at all hours, creating noise right outside my room. Try to book a room at the end if you value peace and quiet. And don't put anything in the fridge that can't survive a flash freeze!

Under the category of museum curiosity...there was a phone in the room, unconnected to the wall via a jack. Upon closer inspection, I saw that I could choose between tone and pulse! I would think this was funny, except that someone might pick it up in an emergency and actually try to use it.

Room tip: stay away from the smoking stations on the balcony.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

Pros: 108$ a night - Ice cold ac which you can fine tune ( awesome!! ) - Very courteous and accommodating staff - Free wifi/cable - Indoor pool - Canopied seating area with two bbq's - Free ice and communal laundry facilities,and rooms facing the lake ( beautiful!! )
Negatives: Tight and sparse parking in front but ample in the back of motel ( back of motel seems like a free for all for car thieves ) - Room was clean but had that " swept under the rug " clean feeling! - Carpet at first glance had all these patterns on it,until you realized they were all stains! Just imagine all the types of fluids on it...eecchh!! My wife noticed there was a carpet underneath this one,so you can only contemplate what the previous one looked like! Double eecchh! We never went barefoot in the room. - Had glass/plastic cups/mic/coffee maker but no cutlery/stir sticks?!! Guess I'll just stir my coffee with my finger! - bathroom was clean but the tub bottom was literally a light black! Soak that thing in bleach people! Now my standards are not very high as I'm an out doors man but I definitely wouldn't rest my back door and privates in that tub to bathe! - Had the washroom amenities but the towels/rags were coarse,which bothered my wife but I didn't care. Room above was noisy due to the floor which kept me awake.There's probably no sound proofing between rooms as the motel is dated.(room 123)
All in all an ok visit.Your close to the action with lakefront views,the staff are great and you have most of your needs met.The owners need to do some maintenance upgrades and work out the kinks I thought were minor concerns and their grade would improve.Would we stay again? Probably,but it wouldn't be our first choice. Prices should be about 80-90$ a night IMO. Btw,they have monthly rentals starting Sept. A solid if unspectacular 3/5.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple