WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Surrey, Canada
“Completely Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family stayed at the slumber lodge for 2 nites and I was happy that we could bring 2 of our dogs with us. Not knowing the area, I was happy to know that the lake was right across the street from the motel. "Maureen" the front desk clerk had called us in our room to let us know exactly where the dog beach/park was that we could bring the dogs to enjoy a swim. She was also very helpful with restaurants in the area all within walking distance from the motel. The motel is an older building but very clean inside. The bathrooms looked renovated and were clean. The rooms come with a microwave and bar fridge and airconditioning. The pool was warm and the kids had a great time swimming in it. I like that there were also a few barbecues located outside the rooms for the guests to enjoy at no charge. There are also 2 chairs outside every room and a small round table. Very clean, presentable motel to stay at. We will be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I appreciate your comments.

I am happy to hear that you found Maureen to be so helpful, I will make sure to pass along your kind comments to her!!.

It sounds like you staying in one of our newly renovated rooms. We are constantly working to upgrade the property, inside and out. I am glad your kids had fun in the pool and you could enjoy the BBQ’s.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was very clean and obviously was recently updated. New appliances in the kitchenette; new floor tiles in the bathroom and kitchen. For the 4 of us there were plenty of towels, pillows, etc.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. We have stayed in other motels on Lakeshore Drive in the past and found them quite antiquated - you basically put up with them for the location. This one made our stay much more pleasant.
My one comment would be that I wish the indoor pool was actually heated. It was too cool for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It sounds like you were in one of our newly updated rooms. The kitchen suites are great for families, or just for having a little extra space!!

The staff will love to hear that you found them to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass that on to them.

I am sorry that you found the pool to be cool, I will look into that.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!! We look forward to welcoming you back!!
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We just got back from Pentitction. The motel that we were suppose to stay at over booked. We were very lucky that they had a room for us considering it was a long weekend. Everything about the motel was better than the one we were going to stay at. Location is right across the beach. $10 cab ride from the canal. Restaurants all around. Close to the bar and Casino. Rooms were clean and the price was right! (Rooms a little outdated)The staff were super helpful on where to eat and getting us extra towels. I loved the fact that they had BBQ's available! Overall a great stay and I will be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Its’ great that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to many of the local attractions, and the motels facilities.

I am delighted that you found the staff helpful and that they were able to direct you to what you needed. I will be sure to let them know.

Again thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed there for a week and got a discounted rate, and quite enjoyed myself. GREAT location - right across from the lake and beach! Also, I'm told the motel is under new management and it shows. The rooms are slightly dated, but very clean. The kitchenette in the room is lovely and you can sit outside your room and enjoy the amazing view! The staff were great, friendly and accomadating. Definitely reccommend this motel if you are coming to Penticton!!

Room Tip: Second floor has great views of the lake!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fernanda L, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you were in one of our one bedroom kitchen suites, great for families, and very popular with people staying a week or longer. It’s great that you took advantage of our weekly rate; it’s always nice to get a bit of a break in the price.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff.
Port Coquitlam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

With a large convention in town that had been planned for almost a year in advance, the hotel was not clean. Dozens of dead (fruit) flies on the bathroom ceiling and what appears to have been 'black mold' around the bathtub didn't make it a pleasant stay. Bathroom light fixture was also unclean and spotted with dried drops of something. The room was just generally not clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Terry B
, Manager at Slumber Lodge Motel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your reviews.

You let us know your thoughts and we have responded. The Penticton Slumber Lodge is now under new management. We have reviewed our practises and policies and have made changes based on your feedback.

I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to earn your business back.

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

~ My wife and I stayed here for a week and it was just ok. Not the greatest but we got a good deal. It is an awesome location right across the street from the beach and close to downtown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BuriedTreasure
Kamloops
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

I used to live in Penticton and aways thought this was a nice looking Motel. Boy was I wrong. I understand that the front desk was closing early on xmas eve but when I went to check out on the 26th at 9:30 no one was around and would not even answer the door bell. The sign on the door said they were suposed to be open at 8am.
We were stuck right in between two monthly tenants and on Christmas Day night one of the monthly tenants decided to have a bunch of people over for a party and there was no answer at the phone number we were given so we did not get much sleep. If you are going to have monthly tenants, set aside some rooms at the other end of the Motel for nightly stays or shut the doors for the winter.
If your over 5'7" the beds will be too short for you and the recent renos are very shoddy. The Motel says its none smoking but all the tenants sit outside there doors and puff away which flows right into the room.
This is the worst place I have ever stayed and will never return obviously by the summer reviews it is not much better at any time.

• Liked — They allowed pets.
  • Disliked — Noisey neighbors , no desk service or contact for problems.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank biker367