All reviewsdenny's restaurantlots of parkingsmall fridgeokanagan lakeconventioncourtyard
Reviewed October 11, 2017

First of all, this hotel is extremely hard to find since it is squished between a car dealership and a Denny's! No signage visible from the street! The hotel lobby was dirty and was not vacuumed for the 2 days we unfortunately stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend. There were dirty dishes in the corner of the hallway that sat there for over 24 hours. It took an eternity to find our room and the maze of hallways does not lend itself to finding anything easily. The room itself was small and outdated. The bathroom was so small you could hardly get inside it and close the door! The mattresses were so bad I was crippled and could hardly walk the next morning! We went into Bar One (bar attached to front of hotel) and got treated particularly shabbily! The older woman working Sat night got us a drink. The younger woman walked by us 25 times and never once looked our way. The guy working was sitting with someone else having a beer!! while he was working!!! Ah...is this legal?!? My husband finally got up and went to the bar to get us a drink. Overall we will never stay at this dump ever again!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WendyandKelsey
Harley E, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Hello WendyandKelsey, Thank you for your recent review. Although I am not pleased you did not enjoy your stay with us, I am glad you passed along your feedback. I will be sure to let the staff and management know about your comments.

I hope you will come back in the future and thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

We spent two nights there in the summer of 2017 and paid over 500 bucks for it. Very expensive for what we got. The cheapest flea-bag motel we've ever been in had better accommodations.

First, the reservations desk got our room wrong. Then the one we ended up with had a badly patched ceiling in the bathroom, caulk coming away from the mirror, rusty door hinges, food crumbs on the floor, dirt and coins under the bathroom sink, and an unidentifiable brown goo in the telephone cradle.

I mentioned all this to the manager and to the owner, but got nowhere. They offered me a free night in the dead of winter. Whoop-de-doo! How cheap can you get? My request for a refund went unheeded.

If you want good accommodations and value for your hard-earned dollar, do NOT go to the Sandman.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nathan G
Reviewed September 24, 2017

The Sandman doesn't look like anything special on the outside but the room I had was nice and clean a quiet. I had an upstairs room looking into the courtyard and everything worked in the room. There is only one elevator in the place and it's towards the back of the property but it's only 3 floors so if you need the elevator and you are staying at the front, there is a bit of back and forth. The location is very close to everything and close to the highway as well. Starbucks and Tim Hortons is a very short drive or a 5-10 min walk and the rink is across the street. The front desk was very helpful on a very busy weekend and it was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: Top floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich L
Harley E, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Hello Rich L, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along the kudos to the staff and management.

Thank you once again for your recent review and we will look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

All Sandman's are loud, the AC is terrible loud. If you switch it off, you cannot sleep due to the other ACs running. Not mentioning the loud guest above.
As a special service, the large inner hall with the indoor pool has two rattling exhaust fans running all night.
AVOID!!

Room Tip: if you're forced to sleep there, then upstairs
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FranzReinisch7441

Hello FranzReinisch7441, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am disappointed you were not able to enjoy your stay more with us.

I was happy to connect with you regarding your stay and we appreciate your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2017

we had booked this for a wedding and then read the reviews, so was somewhat nervous.
actually room was fine place is a little tired.. but clean and right next to Dennys which is open 24 hours. we paid $145 not the fanciest but have certainly stayed in way worse places. NO window to outside, window we had looked down on indoor pool so there was a smell of chlorinel.

lots of parking.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Harley E, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello jkuteshoes, Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay during such a momentous occasion. The on-site Denny's is a convenient option for meals.

Thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to having you stay again.