All reviewsdenny's restaurantlots of parkingsmall fridgean upgradeokanagan lakecourtyard
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Sandman Hotel - Penticton, B.C.

I booked a room with a queen bed and a single bed and paid good price for it a few months before our trip. When we checked in, we were told that all the rooms with a queen and a single bed had been gone. I asked them why they approved my online booking then, they said nothing and did nothing and we were made to stay in a room with two double beds. Luckily, it was just one night.

Avoid, avoid, and again avoid this hotel.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We stayed at the Sandman while in Penticton for Ironman Canada. The minimum stay is 5 nights during Ironman week which is a little longer than we initially planned on staying. The rate was $159.00 a night.

We checked in and were given a room that reeked of smoke. This was a non-smoking room. We called the front desk to request another room and were assigned to one on another floor. The second room was much cleaner than the first. The carpets in the hotel are pretty dirty along with the furniture in the rooms.

All in all, this isn't the nicest place we've stayed and the facility could use a complete makeover. No wireless internet in the rooms either.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This hotel was a joke. The rooms were dirty. We couldn't even use a 2 blow dryers in the same room cause it blew a fuse every time. When we asked for more towels we were told we were "using too many" even though there was 8 girls in total, and they gave us 6 towels. What are we supposed to do, share them? The staff was rude and grouchy. After paying $175 a night for such a low end hotel, needless to say i will never be back, nor would i recommend this hotel to ANY of my friends. The rest of the girls on this trip were just as displeased as me with the quality and service of this place. In addition, when i came home, i found out that they had pre-authorized $700 on my visa, instead of the $300 i was told. What kind of service is that when you don't even tell the customer you'll be doing that.?? All in al, not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
SANDMANPENTICTON, Director of Operations at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2008

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel Penticton for your accommodation needs.

I regret to learn of your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced.

I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss these issues.

Thank you for including us in your travel plans and we hope that we will have an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future, We look forward in seeing you again in the future.

You may reach me directly at gm_penticton@sandman.ca

Regards,

Cameron Sutton | Director of Operations
SANDMAN HOTEL PENTICTON
939 Burnaby Ave W| Penticton BC | V2A 1G7

Reviewed May 30, 2008

I have been to a couple of Sandman Hotels lately. Generally, I have been satisfied. BUt this time, this hotel, I don't recommand it at all. The lobby is very nice, and that's all there is worth seeing.

The hallways carpets are old, dirty and smelly. Most of the ice machine did not work.

The rooms are very tight and small for the price. I have stayed in much nicer and better maintained hotel in large canadian cities for the same price. Again, in the room, the carpet says a lot to me.

Overall, I'm very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2008

This was the only hotel available and now I know why.
The lobby was very decieving...
The hallways smelled bad.
The elevator felt that it was going to drop.
The niose at night was unbearable.
The rooms were very tiny.
The sheets were cheap!
Everything in the bathroom felt like it was purchased at the dollar store.
There is no place for luggage.
We had a blackout and lost power for 1 hour. I was prepared with an emergency flashlight, I went to the front to ask for an ETA and they were not prepared for anything.
Very bad experience, Don't go to the sandman hotel, he's not there and you will get no sleep either.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business