“Went for a concert.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Nelson, Canada
“Went for a concert.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Me and my friends went to this hotel for a concert this past thursday and right when you walk in the door it is a very nice hotel. The rooms were as well very nice bed it was a very loud sleep due to the pool and hottub right outside our door and the hotel based around the pool. I was disappointed to find out there was no breakfest offered for guests.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kirsten858
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your bed, we have a 24hr Denny's restaurant onsite and offer complimentary coffee, muffins and apples in the lobby daily. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really wanted to share my positive experience at the Penticton Sandman. We stayed at the Sandman during a visit to attend a concert on January 19th. The hotel was clean and everything was in order but the thing that stood out for me was the excellent customer service provided. I called the night before arriving and confirmed details with a gentlemen named Kevin he was very helpful and let me know he would be in attendance upon our arrival the next day. The next day we arrived and were attended to by Kevin and his WOW customer service skills. I wanted to write this review in order to acknowledge his effort and thank him for everything. It is front line staff like him that truly aids in the success of businesses.
PS Sandman Chain put the Kleenex in the bathroom!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank teresadurning38
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience each and every day and it sounds like we hit the mark. I will certainly be passing on your comments to all involved. From all of us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again!
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed at the Sandman for The Band Perry concert. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Justin at the front desk! The room was clean, had a nice view of the pool and if you are looking to sleep in the black out curtains are great! Not to mention the price was very reasonable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. Great comments, we are pleased you enjoyed the friendly staff and your overall experience. I will certainly pass on your comments to Justin and the entire team. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
chilliwack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed as a group and were very impressed with the overall experiance. The front desk staff to the maid service was to notch. The pool and spa was a lot of fun to be around.I will be back to this hotel again.Gramme the group booking agent handled everything with ease and gave us a great time to remember.

Room Tip: I would choose an inner room to be near the pool and spa.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pat j
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased we hit the mark and your group had a great time. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel is clean, with great amenities: Dennie's, pub, and gym. Staff were friendly, lobby was nice. Elevator is located at the very back which is weird, also rooms were very small, tv remote didn't work and if your sitting on the toilet you can't open or shut the bathroom door.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed the friendly staff, clean hotel and onsite amenities. We do offer a wide range of room types with varying sizes to suit all our valued guests requirements. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's my 2nd time here but the hotel is my 3rd choice. I prefer the Ramada or the Best Western in that order. However, sometimes availability and price point land you at your least favourite.

That said, it's not a dump, it's clean and the staff if you can get hold of them are courteous. If you're in Penticton for anything to do with hockey (eg tournament, camp, game) it's a perfect location. The Sandman is a block from the rink. But if you're not here for hockey the location is irrelevant.

My knocks on the Sandman are; the wireless is painfully slow. There is no tech help and repeated calls to guest services between 8 and 10pm were not answered. The fitness centre is 4 pieces of exercise equipment in a hallway. Expect to see guests rolling by with their luggage while you workout.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found the Hotel clean and the staff courteous. I am sorry to hear we fell short in other areas of your stay. We value your feedback and you taking the time to make us aware of our shortfalls. I will address your comments with our Management team and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Penticton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pleasant welcome at reception but after no response from front desk for an hour.I finally phoned the outside number and a very courteous man attended to my needs.I believe there was a technical hitch.I could have used a handicapped bar for shower and help with bags but I did not ask for that and I looked fine!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed the service, we had a temporary technical interruption to our phone lines that day. We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards