“Great place to stay!”

Sandman Hotel Penticton
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Just recently stayed at the Sandman for The Band Perry concert. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Justin at the front desk! The room was clean, had a nice view of the pool and if you are looking to sleep in the black out curtains are great! Not to mention the price was very reasonable.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. Great comments, we are pleased you enjoyed the friendly staff and your overall experience. I will certainly pass on your comments to Justin and the entire team. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sandman Hotel Penticton

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed as a group and were very impressed with the overall experiance. The front desk staff to the maid service was to notch. The pool and spa was a lot of fun to be around.I will be back to this hotel again.Gramme the group booking agent handled everything with ease and gave us a great time to remember.

Room Tip: I would choose an inner room to be near the pool and spa.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pat j
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased we hit the mark and your group had a great time. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Hotel is clean, with great amenities: Dennie's, pub, and gym. Staff were friendly, lobby was nice. Elevator is located at the very back which is weird, also rooms were very small, tv remote didn't work and if your sitting on the toilet you can't open or shut the bathroom door.

• Stayed: September 2013
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed the friendly staff, clean hotel and onsite amenities. We do offer a wide range of room types with varying sizes to suit all our valued guests requirements. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's my 2nd time here but the hotel is my 3rd choice. I prefer the Ramada or the Best Western in that order. However, sometimes availability and price point land you at your least favourite.

That said, it's not a dump, it's clean and the staff if you can get hold of them are courteous. If you're in Penticton for anything to do with hockey (eg tournament, camp, game) it's a perfect location. The Sandman is a block from the rink. But if you're not here for hockey the location is irrelevant.

My knocks on the Sandman are; the wireless is painfully slow. There is no tech help and repeated calls to guest services between 8 and 10pm were not answered. The fitness centre is 4 pieces of exercise equipment in a hallway. Expect to see guests rolling by with their luggage while you workout.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found the Hotel clean and the staff courteous. I am sorry to hear we fell short in other areas of your stay. We value your feedback and you taking the time to make us aware of our shortfalls. I will address your comments with our Management team and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Pleasant welcome at reception but after no response from front desk for an hour.I finally phoned the outside number and a very courteous man attended to my needs.I believe there was a technical hitch.I could have used a handicapped bar for shower and help with bags but I did not ask for that and I looked fine!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed the service, we had a temporary technical interruption to our phone lines that day. We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Pretty nice room, although a little small. Pool was open, hot tub too. Walls were really thin so lots of noise. Other than that it was reasonable price and nice and clean. Will stay again if I'm coming through.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the clean room and friendly staff. We pride ourselves on value for money. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This review is to replace one I wrote after an unfortunate and smelly upstairs-bathroom-flooding event, which the general manager assured me was water from a bathtub, that happened on our first stay. He later phoned me to make things right (originally the clerk offered a small discount on a smoking room, which was the only room left in the entire city due to it being the night before the Ironman Triathlon, but that room was unacceptable because of the smoke smell, so we left), and so after all that, we were given a certificate for a stay in an upgraded room on the top floor. The second stay is the one I'm reviewing, since a careless guest wasn't something that could have been prevented.

Though the lobby area is modern, spacious, and posh, the rest of the hotel is, well, old; so the rooms are small and the hallways are narrow and dim, with old carpet. To get to some of the rooms is like finding your way through a maze; we had to go up an elevator, into a little cubby, through a door to the exercise room, through another door, and around a corner to get to our room.

The upgraded room we stayed in had light-colored wallpaper and multiple light fixtures on the ceiling, so it seemed well lit. And the decor was black-and-white and modern looking.

The window overlooked the atrium and the pool, but since it also had a clear view into the rooms across the atrium (and the guests in those rooms had the same view into our room), we had to keep the curtains closed; good thing the curtains were attractive. It was very quiet (it was also a Sunday night in September).

The room had a king bed (I couldn't find any mention of king beds on the website, so if you want one, you'll probably need to call the hotel) and a small fridge. There were terrycloth robes as well as slightly fancier shampoo than usual (it smelled minty instead of generic).

We were given a certificate for a free appetizer with the purchase of a drink at the hotel's bar. The waitress/bartender was apologetic about the free appy being "just some fries and a couple chicken wings," and I have to agree that seemed kind of disappointing (and the wings didn't seem to have any seasoning). The eighties music was nice, since we're from the eighties. I watched the bartender mix the drinks, and she measured everything just fine, but both my husband and I thought they seemed nonalcoholic.

The clerk encouraged us to park our motorcycles right up under the canopy by the lobby door so the staff could keep an eye on them and weirdos wouldn't try to sit on them (her words).

Room Tip: If you want to be able to leave your curtains open while you're in your room, ask for a room tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased we had the opportunity to invite you back and you enjoyed your stay. We certainly value your feedback and appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.