All reviews denny's restaurant lots of parking small fridge okanagan lake convention courtyard
Reviewed September 2, 2013

the room was tiny no nightstand or light on one side of the bed. They charge for local calls archaic . There was no refrigerator to keep my medicine cold. The air conditioning was so noisy I had to keep turning the TV up and down and it made it difficult to sleep. There was no way to get fresh air in our room. Very stuffy Although we had used the toiletries they were not replaced on the 2 day of our 3 night stay . They were lower end toiletries . the built in shampoo / conditioner left my hair very tangled. I did not like that the blow dryer was affixed to an awkward place . In order to sit and do my hair had to keep getting up if my husband needed to pass. For the money there are better places. The front desk was not friendly when asked where the exercise room was. I was told 3rd floor but not where a outs up there. Not friendly I was sad that we were stuck there for 3 nights. It has been the first hotel in a long time I could to wait to check out of. If this is how Sandman hotels are I would not stay at any of the based on my own personal experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your disappointing experience during your recent stay. This is certainly not the standard we strive for and it sounds like we fell short in many areas. We do have many rooms available with fridges and outside windows that open. We also offer an upgraded line of amenities and hairdryers that are not fixed to the wall. I would certainly like the opportunity to speak with you first hand and regain your confidence in Sandman Hotels. Please contact me at your convenience and allow me the pleasure of making this right. Once again my apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
250.493.7151
gm_penticton@sandman.ca

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Was a last minute booking as we decided to stay an extra day during our vacation. Decided not to stay at Days INN read the review. Nice clean room well situated. Staff was nice had no problems what so ever would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the friendly staff and clean room. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were fortunate to find a place to stay over the busy Peach Fest weekend!! With two days notice we found the room ( someone had cancelled) !
We received a booking confirmation, but this did not include good direction to the Hotel. We got quite turned around once we arrived in Penticton as the streets of the town were confusing. ( one ways and streets not running parallel to anything!)
Once we arrived at the Sandman, the staff were helpful and courteous. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The pool area under the inside Atrium was awesome- but the air very hot and uncomfortable!! Perhaps, the outside temperature in the mid 30's had something to do with this?
We attended lakeside activities one night and walked back to the hotel approaching from the rear. There is a security fence around the back parking area making the hotel inaccessible without walking quite a distance to get around to the front of the hotel. It would be great if the fence had a keyed or password gate.
The lobby offered coffee and apples one morning of our stay. On our second day, the counters and coffee table in our room were not wiped by housekeeping, retaining the coffee rings and food grease from the previous nights dinner. Nothing that a facecloth couldn't take care of.......

Room Tip: Book early during the summer months , especially for Peach Fest celebrations!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the helpful and courteous staff, clean room and comfortable bed. We value your feedback and constructive comments. On behalf of all of us at the Sandman Penticton we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed one night over the BC holiday weekend. The hotel was exceptionally busy with young revellers, in fact the partying went on unabated throughout the night... and into the morning! Constant noise, music and door slamming . . .worst nights sleep ever!! The room was rather basic and in need of refurbishment. Reception desk staff seemed disinterested in whether we had had an enjoyable stay. This is a basic price hotel that still does not provide good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you had a restless night. We staffed 3 security guards all weekend well into the early hours to ensure that all guests had a enjoyable stay for the very reasons you described. We are always in the process of continually updating our room product to better suit our guests needs. Thank you for your feedback and highlighting where we can improve. We hope to see again in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The good news is that the staff we encountered were very helpful, efficient and friendly. Our room was clean, and the bed was comfortable.
The not so good news is that our first view at the entrance to the hotel was chipped and broken cement walkway and very dirty glass on the entrance doors. Not a good first impression.. The hotel public areas are a bit shopworn and the hallway carpets are in great need of a good cleaning. Our room, booked via the Internet was very small but it was clean. All in all, I would say its not a bad place to stay. they just need to do a bit more maintenance. The pool area looked very nice and inviting although we did not have time to use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly staff, clean room and comfortable beds. We are in the process of renovating our carpet and repairing the concrete section you refer too. We have done recent upgrades in the pool area as you noted. We look forward to having you back and showing you the improvements!
Kind regards