All reviewsdenny's restaurantlots of parkingsmall fridgean upgradeokanagan lakecourtyard
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just got back to Calgary from my stay at this beautiful Sandman Hotel with my beautiful wife. We stayed in room 308 queen bed with kitchen for 2 nights. Sunday and Monday Comfy pillows comfy bed and very clean room. The kitchen area is equipped with a lot of kitchen stuff for cooking. The pool is very nice. Lots of parking and friendly staff. The only thing that i didnt like for the price we payed they dont include breakfast. They do have a dennys restaurant and a nice pub.

Hotel is located in a nice quiet area. close walk to the Okanagan Lake beach. I wouldn't pay any attention to any of the negative posts on here. I would stay at this hotel again next year when i return to Penticton and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Im sorry i forgot to take pictures to upload on here.

Enjoy your stay and visit in Penticton

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Studio Kitchen rooms and friendly staff. Excellent comments all around. From all of us at the Sandman Hotel Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
kind regards

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and room spacious. King bed very comfortable. I will say it was a bit noisy as our room close to side entrance and door was banging shut until quite late. Also we stayed at a holiday weekend so exceptionally busy.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed the Kind beds and had a comfortable stay, certainly a favourite with our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Overall, my recent stay at the Sandman Hotel in Penticton was great! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice. The pool/spa was refreshing and the new modern touches to the rooms and lobby were very nice. The staff were very efficient and were always willing to help. Their knowledge on the local area and giving directions was great! The only thing I would like to see improve is the elevator. It was probably the noisiest, smallest, and loudest elevator I have been in. I felt like the thing was going to break down. Also it would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast included too. However, the overall impression/experience was wonderful, and I really appreciate the friendly staff and nice hotel atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: -Rooms on the inner pool side can sometimes get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed the service from our team and overall experience. On behalf of all of us at the Sandman Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed one night July 23, got a good rate on the Sandman Website. I always bring my pillows on a road trip as many Hotel/Motel have horrible pillows. The pillows here are wonderful and the bed was perfect. Our room over looked the pool atrium, I just wish I had enough time to use it. We were right beside the elevator which was convieneant as my Mother uses a walker. The shower had pressure.
The only issue I had was that there was no shade in the parking area, if my car had AC this would not be a problem. :)
Check in and out was smooth

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat C
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed our Pillows and Signature Sandman Serta Pillow top beds. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the room with small kitchen. Was nice to have a large fridge for our wine purchases, never did cook in the room. Our room was nice and clean thru the 3 night stay, we were given fresh towels each day. Unfortunately, our view was of the car dealership so nothing to look at of interest, but room was quiet of traffic noise. Hallways are a little dingy, one elevator for whole hotel, so could get crowded. I wish people would not slam their doors!!!!! Anyways, close to the beach and several restaurants.

Room Tip: Probably stay on main floor to avoid using elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the room and service. We are in the process of updating our carpet and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Great comments.