All reviewsdenny's restaurantlots of parkingsmall fridgean upgradeokanagan lakecourtyard
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Overall, my recent stay at the Sandman Hotel in Penticton was great! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the overall atmosphere was nice. The pool/spa was refreshing and the new modern touches to the rooms and lobby were very nice. The staff were very efficient and were always willing to help. Their knowledge on the local area and giving directions was great! The only thing I would like to see improve is the elevator. It was probably the noisiest, smallest, and loudest elevator I have been in. I felt like the thing was going to break down. Also it would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast included too. However, the overall impression/experience was wonderful, and I really appreciate the friendly staff and nice hotel atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: -Rooms on the inner pool side can sometimes get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. Great to hear you enjoyed the service from our team and overall experience. On behalf of all of us at the Sandman Penticton we thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed one night July 23, got a good rate on the Sandman Website. I always bring my pillows on a road trip as many Hotel/Motel have horrible pillows. The pillows here are wonderful and the bed was perfect. Our room over looked the pool atrium, I just wish I had enough time to use it. We were right beside the elevator which was convieneant as my Mother uses a walker. The shower had pressure.
The only issue I had was that there was no shade in the parking area, if my car had AC this would not be a problem. :)
Check in and out was smooth

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat C
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed our Pillows and Signature Sandman Serta Pillow top beds. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in the room with small kitchen. Was nice to have a large fridge for our wine purchases, never did cook in the room. Our room was nice and clean thru the 3 night stay, we were given fresh towels each day. Unfortunately, our view was of the car dealership so nothing to look at of interest, but room was quiet of traffic noise. Hallways are a little dingy, one elevator for whole hotel, so could get crowded. I wish people would not slam their doors!!!!! Anyways, close to the beach and several restaurants.

Room Tip: Probably stay on main floor to avoid using elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the room and service. We are in the process of updating our carpet and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Great comments.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Very updated room, nice shower, two bath robes provided, well furnished, very modern corner room with big windows the entire length of 2 walls, good value, ask for diner coupons @ front check-in, friendly welcome, was able to park motorcycle at entrance under protection from elements and security. Highly recommend this Hotel. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our updated rooms and friendly front desk team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Check-in and out very good. Friendly staff. Good nights sleep, king bed good, hotel quiet for weekend but most guests were there for granfondo cycling event and needed their sleep! Terrible elevator access with only one tiny elevator. Stairways narrow and dark, carpet needs replacing. Room in pretty good order, carpet good, clean, good working desk and chair, air-conditioner worked, nice to have corner unit for extra window light. Bathroom vanity non-existent. Bathroom needs updating but worked ok. Hi Fi good for laptop but wouldn't work for iPad. Frustrating! Room clean and spacious enough to accommodate bikes and gear. Would stay again. Not fancy, but met our needs.

Room Tip: Room 344, corner unit good even though located by stairways exit. Good view of parking lot for car security. A/C noise seemed ok. Corner unit bright with double windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GraemeJenkins, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly staff and had a good nights sleep. We are always updating and renovating our product to better suits our guests needs. We value your feedback and constructive comments and look forward seeing you in the near future.