“Excellent overnight stay”

Sandman Hotel Penticton
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My sister, mother and I drove all the way from Calgary and stopped at this hotel for the night. We were pleasantly surprised with the price, and the welcoming we received from, Kevin, the gentleman at the front desk. Our room was exceptionally clean and well equipped with everything we needed: a microwave, coffee maker, mini-fridge, tv, air-conditioning etc. Additionally, the lobby is beautiful as is the courtyard and indoor pool area. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that was poolside which is great because you can walk out of your room into the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on offering our guests great value and outstanding service! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is the 3rd year in a row my sister and myself have stayed at the Sandman Hotel Penticton for the annual Elvis Festival! My sister has special needs and is now almost full time in a wheel chair. The kind staff were extremely helpful, understanding, and quick to provide us with anything we we asked for, from an ongoing supply of towels, Vic from maintenence with room modifications as well as cheerful conversation about nature, information and directions for all local businesses. Although there was a mixup with our room, we require the handicap room with the roll in shower, and they are the only hotel in town with one, they quickly fixed it in a couple of minutes. The daytime manager Irene is the BEST, we reserved for next year for the same room. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou for making our 10th annual festival stay a great one! See you next year!

Room Tip: 104 for special needs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our customer service and are pleased your stay with us was a great one!. We look forward to seeing you again this year!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Sandman Hotel Penticton. The staff were extremely professional, friendly, and helpful.

The location was great - it's not right on the lake but it is a short walk to the beach, a small park, and the local mini-golf course. I went for a run by the lake and it was VERY windy, so the location of the hotel a few blocks from the lake was definitely more sheltered, I didn't hear the wind at all in my room. I also didn't hear any noise from the parking lot that my room overlooked and had a great uninterrupted sleep.

I had a corner room, which had a ton of windows. I absolutely loved that I could open all the blinds and have some fantastic natural light! As a business traveller, the room was perfect with a comfy bed, small fridge, desk area for work and a comfortable cushy chair for reading and relaxing. They also have Pharmacopia branded shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap in the bathroom. I purchase this brand to use at home, and as a business traveller who spends 30% of my time in hotel rooms, I so appreciate having nice products and not the cheap crap that is normally provided in hotels. The one detractor to the room was that it's not possible to open the windows, however this was just a small inconvenience and the room was a comfortable temperature so not a necessity.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool, but I did peek in and abosolutely loved the ambiance of the area around the pool. Lots of plants, and at night it was very low lighting - such a relaxing environment to go for a swim and relax in the hot tub after a long day.

I had a great stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All of us at Sandman work very hard in providing a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all of our guests. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and that our amenities were to your liking. Should you wish to discuss anything further please contact the hotel at your leisure.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The 4 or 5 bites on my arms and legs are enough to negate any other comments to the positive. I wish I would have read the reviews before staying but I was in a hurry for the Mellencamp concert. If there were no bugs, the place should go for $89 bucks as that's about the value of it.Stay out of room 256!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Earsmy2cents
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

In response to your comments, Sandman has an active pest control program utilizing trained employees and a reputable pest control company that personally checks guest rooms and other areas of the hotel on a routine basis. Sandman also uses protection covers, kits and other resources certified by entomologists in our guest rooms for added reassurance. As the hotel was not notified during your stay or at check out of the concerns it is hard to speculate the exact cause of the bites. However, having the exterior window open in your room would attract unwanted pests such as mosquitoes. Sandman Penticton always takes these concerns seriously and as a precaution our professional pest control company was called in to completely inspect the room and surrounding rooms. On inspection of the rooms the pest control company found no evidence.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very short for towels, only 1(one) of each size.
Not every room has a simple fridge or cooler
Rooms are very stuffy not very fresh!
Rooms are very small
Unless your room is pool side it is a long........way to the pool
The pool it self is very small..only 3 feet deep very dark at night
The hot tub switch is a guessing game as to were it is, not marked very well
Do not get a corner room, as early moring deliveries ar very loud!!!
Last but not least ......................They do not offer a "Senior' Rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Room Tip: check around for a better room one that offers and will cater and accomodate the CUSTOMER with no...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Edna T
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your comments and staying with Sandman Penticton. I did want to respond to a few of your concerns and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you at your leisure.
Sandman Penticton in a room with one bed (for example) will supply 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels and face cloths; we will always deliver more towels on request. In fact we are always available 24 hours a day for guest requests or concerns. Our pool is located in the center of the hotel on the ground floor and has four entrances for guests to use to enjoy our pool. I apologize that you were unable to locate the whirlpool on/off switch, we do have 4 directional signs in place but it seems that we may have to add additional or relocate the existing signage. You mentioned that Sandman Penticton doesn’t offer a senior rate, however, we have a senior’s rate for those 55 plus that we gladly offer. Along with promotional rates that can sometimes be cheaper then seniors rate. Again, thank you for your comments and it was our pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was here by myself with a large tour group.....still, I had a great nites sleep, clean room, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool sides of the motel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Fairly comfortable room. I was right by the stairwell (2nd floor)so quite noisy from people coming and going. Had a room facing the indoor pool which added to noise factor so next I will ask for one to the outside. Bathroom plumbing leaked and the tub fixtures were a bit hard to figure out. Other than that a good place to stay although a little far from downtown area. Right next to the convention center was nice as i was attending a conference. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and normal for a sandman. Pool was clean. Denny's onsite.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SANDMANPENTICTON, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Sandman Penticton. Your comments are valued and appreciated. Although we try not to rent out rooms in high traffic areas (stairwells, elevators, vending areas) sometimes we have no choice due to availablity.

Your suggestion of asking for an exterior facing room would reduce the amount of pool noise and provide you with a lovely view of Penticton. We do keep strict pool hours in order for all our guests to enjoy the pool but also to minmize any potential noise in the morning and evening.

Again, Thank you for your comments. We look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.