“I would stay at the Pass Motor Inn again, reasonable and the owners made our stay a lovely holiday.”
Review of Pass Motor Inn

Pass Motor Inn
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Penticton
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I was one of four female friends that stayed at the Pass Motor Inn. Before we booked at the Inn, we were very concerned what we would be walking into (as we had read some unkind comments on tripadvisor, the owners assured us we would be happy and so we booked for 7 days. When we arrived, we were shown the 2 rooms and everyone agreed it was clean and everyone was satisfied with our rooms! We were so happy with the price we paid, we appreciated that very much!

The owners did everything to make our stay very enjoyable and they are just delightful people. Shawn we loved your sense of humor!

The Pass Motor Inn is centrally located, so we walked to our event and most of the places we were visiting.

Guess what - there were no visits from any BED BUGS!!!

You also will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Thristy_Traveller47

Reviewed August 19, 2009

If you stay here you are a complete fool! Yes, it is cheap but a person needs to go and view it before you stay in it. My family and I were going to stay in their this summer but after looking at the rooms and people around there it wasn't safe! If you have young children you will be worried. Please look at the other reviews about the 1960's furniture, rude management, bed bugs, etc... as it is true. If you have nothing to do in Penticton, go their for a tour and you will be disgusted!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank MrB047
PassMotorInn, Manager at Pass Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2009

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Pass Motor Inn. I am very desperated to hear that our facilities did not meet your expectation. During August, we had many guests staying here with their families for longer than a week. Most of them choose to come back because they feel safe enough to stay with us, we always have Guards on duty till 5a.m. during big holiday seasons(ex. long weekends in May, July and August.) and we reject any people as guests who are strongly suspected in using drugs or drinking ilresponsibly. We also have been trying to cut down any noises after 10p.m. and as a dramatic result, we barely had any complaints during the season. We never have had any "bed bugs" problems before and I checked the previous review as you referred to it, I could not find any reviews mentioning about the "bed bugs".
If you have any questions please call us and ask to speak to me directly. I will be very happy to discuss it witih you personally. Shin Kang, General Manager.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

To put it nicely this motel, was absolutely nasty! We walked in the room and there were cobwebs in the corners and it smelt horrible. The furniture looked like it was purchased at a garage sale 20 years ago. I would not be paid to sit on that couch. The bed sheets were stained and the carpets were stained and dirty. The lighting was dim and dingy. The artwork (if you could call it that) looked like it had been done by second graders. The matresses were in need of replacing ten years ago, it felt like sleeping on springs/concrete and you sunk in the middle. There was no shampoo..the tiniest soap and 30 year old coffee cups from a garage sale. The T.V was very old and the remote didn't work. The doors were very old and the old dainty lock made us feel insecure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GDDSurrey_BC

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Pass Motor Inn. I was the guy who went to the room when you made the complaint and I am disappointed to hear that our room facilities did not meet your expectations. The carpet is only 3 years old but is not stained at all. When you made the complaints about the smell,I went up to check and you admitted that there wasn't any smell from the room,but the smell was coming from outside one of your soccer team member's cooking on the ground floor. No excuse for the web, we apologized for the web and got rid of it right away, but It wasn't that the room was dirty, it was that you guys were expecting a five-star hotel room with what you guys were paying. I am disappointed that we can not provide you a 5-star room with a the rate you paid. Many guests are happy with our room and don't forget to report your pet when you check in. If you have any questions please call us and ask to speak to me directly. Shin Kang, General Manager.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

we booked multiple rooms for a soccer tournement and all of us had similar stories.
the beds must be 30+ years old you can feel the springs! decor is 1960's, basically clean but poor condition. location good, staff good, kitchenette cabinets have to be 40 years old. poor bang for the $

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
PassMotorInn, Manager at Pass Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2009

Thank you for the time to express your experience about the recent stay at our place. we try our best to keep all the facilities in good condition. Since the room rate is not so high, we do not have brand-new facilities for all rooms, but if anything is broken we replace them with brand-new ones right away. If you expect rooms with everything brand-new, then we recommend you to go and book for a five-star hotel suite. I would like to discuss it personally with you, please call us and ask for me. Shin Kang General Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed here six times in last 12 years. This is an affordable, clean, and decent place to stay. However, don't expect anything extraordinary. It is very basic and simple. You get value and location. Penticton is very expensive place to be in summer time eventhough there is no real high class or even middle class hotel( one exception for Casino Resort).
We enjoy the climate, environment, beaches, vineries, activities around town and many other things so find yourself.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank isema
Reviewed July 15, 2009

If you are a budget traveler looking for a clean and tidy place to stay, this is the place. This is the cheapest motel/inn I can find in Penticton, and I'm happy with what I'd got. I was even surprised to know that the room (I asked for the most basic one) includes a kitchen with a full size fridge, electric stove with oven, microwave, cups/glasses/dishes, pots and pans, kettle, coffee maker etc etc. Only if I knew that I'd bring some cooking ingredients to make some nice dishes with their seasonal fruits and food.

Their reception area is tiny but beautiful. They even care to put huge hanging flower baskets outside of the rooms (not that I care about that). Staff are very polite. They said they just renovated the motel three years ago.

Clean and tidy is what I care. So I'm happy with the stay. However, if you care about the following, you may not like the place:
- cheap soap
- terrible shower head
- the air conditioner is very loud
- not much TV channels available

The place is conveniently located. It is very easy to go everywhere.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank mcrafts
Reviewed September 20, 2008

My husband and I took at quick trip to Penticton on business in August. We chose the Pass Inn because of it's proximity to the mall as well as it looked like a decent place from the road. I also did not want to stay somewhere where it would cost us $200 a night.
We took the room sight unseen (I have learned my lesson!). We looked at the room.. I was not impressed. The floor around the toilet looked awful. It appeared as though the toilet had leaked at one point and the lino was discolored all around the toilet. The room itself was no great work of art by any means. It was in desperate need of updating. I checked the bed to make sure there were no bugs. The whole room just smelled like stale urine.
Anyhow, we went about our business, and then after about an hour and a half we were done. So we tried to cancel our room. Well, we were told that we couldn't . So I asked for another room then. The new room was not much better than the first one. The floor around the toilet was not quite as bad as the first room. The room smelled like bleach though..so I thought it might have been cleaner. Everything in the room was old...as one other review stated..it looked like garage sale furniture.
The bedrooms curtains has holes burned thru the backing from the sun, so they were obviously old. The bedspread, the curtains, and the bedskirt were all different patterns. The floor lamp in the room was not straight.. it had a definite tilt to it! The walls were old pink with an attempt at some decorating with blue stencilling. The picture above the bed was a child's picture frame with 123 and ABC on it.
When I went to take a shower in the morning, I pulled back the curtain to find a spider in the tub and a moth flew out of the curtain. The shower head was pointed at the far wall so everything was soaked when I went to get in.
The windows are all old!
I was informed by 2 fellows who worked there that the toilets do not leak. So they didn't appreciate my comments about the toilets.
The teensy soaps in the bathroom were hard to open..no shampoo.
The only thing new in our unit was the bathroom sink.
This place is in dire need of a lot of renovations! The pictures that I have seen on the internet are not the place that we stayed at at all!
All this for over $100 including taxes! Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting!
I definitely found the inner princess in me that night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business