I stayed for one night on business at the BW Penticton, due to the fact that my usual hotels of choice (the Lakeside and Ramada) where booked. After reading the reviews, I was unsure, but the hotel is actually kind of neat for a traveller that is used to seeing the same type of hotel night after night.
I was given a room on the upper floor in the middle of the "U" with a view of the courtyard. The hotel was peaceful, and reminded me of places I went to as a child in the 70's and 80's. The rooms are not typical, with two doors for either the back or front balcony.
My room included a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, free Wi-Fi (which was really high-speed), and was VERY clean for a hotel of this vintage.
The staff was friendly, and I found the rooms to be quiet compared to most hotels.
I ate out at a restaurant, but several guests were using the complimentary BBQ's to cook there own food.
The continental breakfast was OK/Average - as another reviewer mentioned, the orange juice was very watered down - which was the only negative during my stay. Others complained about the breakfast room being messy, but it was cleaned continually by a hostess.
The hotel is more of a family vacation spot, but I found it great for a business traveller, and would stay here again (over the Ramada and Lakefront for sure!).
I found the place very neat, different, and to my liking do to the charm it provided - it may not be everyone's cup of tea if you like a sterile modern hotel, but it's a very nice change of pace, and I was VERY HAPPY with the entire experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For 38 years, the Best Western Inn at Penticton remains a motel style resort for every traveler. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, you will appreciate our contemporary, rooms designed with your comfort in mind. The needs of our valued guests is our primary focus, which is why we offer quality furnishings and numerous amenities to suit our guests' every need. Most of our guest rooms overlook a large, beautifully landscaped courtyard with an outdoor pool & sundeck, guest barbecues,and children's playground. Our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, in a lush tropical setting, offer unparalleled fun and relaxation. We also offer a Deluxe Continental Breakfast for each of our registered guests in the morning. We are pet friendly, offer free parking, WI-FI, and much more! Whether your stay is for business, or for pleasure, our staff is continually working to exceed all expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Best Western, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Inn at Penticton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At Penticton Hotel Penticton
- Best Western Hotel Penticton
- Penticton Best Western
- Best Western Penticton