We stayed here after driving up to visit the grandkids for Christmas. We chose this hotel as it has a great indoor pool with a Jacuzzi for the kids and we knew this as we have stayed here before. You get a discount having BCAA but better yet they are PET FRIENDLY. Shame they charged an extra $10 for our dog as the night before at the Travelodge (Hope BC) they did not AND they were $26.00 cheaper..hmmm...guess where we look into staying next time. Our main reason to stay here was for the pool which we found out after from another 'visitor' that you don't have to be a guest of the hotel to swim there. You can pay a fee and use the facilities so we may well opt for that next time. To bad that the cabinet with all the water toys was locked up in the pool area and inaccessible . When it started getting dark out we had to call the front desk and ask how the lights can be turned on as there was no switches to be found. It only took a few minutes but maintenance was sent to turn the few that did work on but it was still better/safer than swimming in the dark. Room was clean and had an air conditioner/heater that took a bit to figure out.Bathroom had a tub & shower and amply towels available. There was a blow dryer in the washroom as well but not the best.NOTE: the pool towels are in the bottom drawer. There was a bar fridge available to keep things cold and a coffee maker also in the room. They have a full dining area for the complimentary Continental breakfast and it was superb!! It had a waffle maker,sausages,eggs,boiled egg,bagel,cream cheese, and to much more to list but very very nice and plentiful!! Seemed odd that you would walk through the weight room area to access it but thankfully it was too cold for people to be using this area which I may add had nice equipment if that is what you were looking for. Looks like maybe in the summer they may use the outdoor entrance but that was closed as we found out after hiking up the unshovelled snow covered stairs only to find it roped off. Signage at the bottom would definitely made it safer for guest to avoid injury as I almost fell coming down. Overall I would say this place is a nice place to stay but not the best value for my $$..Maybe for families (unless they charge more for kids staying) as we were just 2 adults as the kids didn't stay the night, as they have an enclosed play area with summer BBQ area. There are 2 things I would recommend...1) salt the areas where the water drips from the gutters as I almost slipped in the dark walking on the ice patch it formed on my way to the doggie area (123A-went out the front door and walked through walkway) and 2) would recommend that they do have a supply of doggie bags available as they direct you where to take them to the bathroom area but obviously not everyone packs bags.See you again next year if only for the swim and thanks for the stay..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For 38 years, the Best Western Inn at Penticton remains a motel style resort for every traveler. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, you will appreciate our contemporary, rooms designed with your comfort in mind. The needs of our valued guests is our primary focus, which is why we offer quality furnishings and numerous amenities to suit our guests' every need. Most of our guest rooms overlook a large, beautifully landscaped courtyard with an outdoor pool & sundeck, guest barbecues,and children's playground. Our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, in a lush tropical setting, offer unparalleled fun and relaxation. We also offer a Deluxe Continental Breakfast for each of our registered guests in the morning. We are pet friendly, offer free parking, WI-FI, and much more! Whether your stay is for business, or for pleasure, our staff is continually working to exceed all expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Best Western Inn at Penticton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At Penticton Hotel Penticton
- Best Western Hotel Penticton
- Penticton Best Western
- Best Western Penticton