Great location, clean, good value plus a nice retro vibe to boot! While the property has been upgraded, the layout of the hotel built around a central outdoor lawn/pool is a nice 60 year throwback. My first floor room had two entrances; one to the exterior parking space right out the door on the back side and the second to the wonderful green space in front of the room. While I didn't use the two outdoor chairs looking out towards the pool, I could imagine how wonderful it would be to sit outside the room on a hot summer night with people splashing in the nearby pool and barbequing dinner. Looks like the type of place that families would return to year after year while enjoying the great Okanagan summers.
The room was basically a small one bedroom suite. The Queen bed filled most of the bedroom while the living/dining/kitchen area was open and didn't feel crowded with the sofa and eating table. The bathroom was small but practical.
For the size of the property, the upstairs breakfast room is too small. Traveling alone, my only choice was at one of the four seat tables. Just after I sat down with my waffle, a youth hockey team and their families showed up. It got very crowded and uncomfortably hot. Instead of slowly enjoying my breakfast and reading the morning paper, I ate quickly so that a family could sit down. Quite unlike my previous three mornings at the Best Western in Osoyoos which had a huge breakfast room. Hate to see how busy the breakfast area must be during July and August.
Otherwise, I enjoyed the "Auto Court" hotel memories and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For 38 years, the Best Western Inn at Penticton remains a motel style resort for every traveler. Whether you are staying with us for business or pleasure, you will appreciate our contemporary, rooms designed with your comfort in mind. The needs of our valued guests is our primary focus, which is why we offer quality furnishings and numerous amenities to suit our guests' every need. Most of our guest rooms overlook a large, beautifully landscaped courtyard with an outdoor pool & sundeck, guest barbecues,and children's playground. Our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, in a lush tropical setting, offer unparalleled fun and relaxation. We include our full breakfast each morning 7am-10am for registered guests each morning. We are dog friendly! Please contact us directly for information on booking a dog friendly room. We also offer free parking,free WI-FI, and much more! Whether your stay is for business, or for pleasure, our staff is continually working to exceed all expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Inn at Penticton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At Penticton Hotel Penticton
- Best Western Hotel Penticton
- Penticton Best Western
- Best Western Penticton