Best Western Inn at Penticton
Valley Star Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$59
Lakeside Villa Inn & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$64
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$106
Agoda.com
Empire Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$67
$62
Hotels.com
$78
Coast Penticton Hotel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$83
$83
$79
$69
Travelocity
All reviewsoutdoor poolthe breakfast areaplayground equipmentbreakfast was excellentlarge courtyardhot tubplay areafree breakfastskaha lakebbq areagreat for familiespull out couchfront desk staffyogurtbit datedpicnic tablesgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a great holiday in the Okanagan, despite a very bad cottage rental gone bad... as a result, we drove to Penticton and stayed here. It was quite clean (9/10), pretty well equipped (we had a mini-kitchen), and the beds were comfortable and had nice bedding. The one-bedroom suite was pricey at $250, and the square footage was lacking, but considering it was high summer season, we were glad to get it on short notice.
We enjoyed the outdoor pool (they also have an indoor one), the movie nights for the kids, and my family appreciated the breakfast with included eggs, waffles, and other choices, but I personally find all hotel breakfasts lack in gluten-free, healthier options. Not much fresh fruit.
We liked having a front and back entrance, and enjoyed sitting outside on the balcony (shared) in the morning having coffee. The only really disappointing thing is there wasn't much of view, other than the hotel grounds. Would have been nice to see Skaha Lake. If you have a choice, you may be able to request a room on the lake side, and perhaps catch a glimpse of it..
Our son's pull-out sofa bed was horrible--poor kids-- but he didn't seem to mind, nor did he complain. He is only 11 and can still sleep on the floor without having aches and pains. Would be nice, though, if they gave it a new mattress!

Room Tip: Perhaps you can book early and get a discount?
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeeBentley
BHogg, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear DeeBentley,

We would first like to thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you were able to make use of some of the amenities we have available to our guests. We pride ourselves on providing a family friendly atmosphere, and it is great to know we were able to do that for you. I will take your comments with regards to the sofabed in your room, as well as your comments with regards to gluten free breakfast items to our next management meeting and discuss it with our team.

We thank you for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us in the future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

stayed in this hotel chain for 18 days in three separate stays staff is always helpful breakfast is always more that adequate my only complaints are some rooms need upgrading, some were noisy (fridges) and I would like to see this chain upgrade their toilets to the senior or taller type. I feel that the older clients you serve would greatly appreciate this improvement.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We would first like to thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear you received the quality of service during your stay that you deserve as one of our valued guests. I would like very much if you contacted me directly at the property so that we may discuss the rooms in which you stayed so that I may investigate your comment with regards to the noisy fridges. To my knowledge all of our refrigerators are low-emission, high efficiency units so we will certainly investigate this issue. With regards to your suggestion of higher toilets in our guest rooms, I will certainly take that suggestion to our next management meeting and discuss it with our team as a possible improvement we could make to enhance guest experience.

We thank you for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us again on future trips to Penticton!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in early July, and really didnt think it was great, definitely not worth the price. The bed was a king, and had a large hump in the middle that kind of split it in half while sleeping, so you couldn't roll over without waking up, pillows were ok, blankets were fine. Definitely overpriced for what you got, when in that particular town. Courtyard was cute and quaint, but nothing about this entire place jumped out at me, or my husband. Having some cleaning woman asking our room number when we went for breakfast was both embarrassing and unacceptable, considering the price they charge for what is a mediocre meal at best. The weather stripping around the door was insufficient so that both light and sound came through ridiculously. The door was also warped, and didnt shut properly unless you remembered to slam it. We opted out of room cleaning, and left around 10am, only to come back some 5 hours later and find that housecleaning had been there, despite our not wanting it. The A/C was good, and the room was very clean and it smelled very good. Having a table and chairs right outside the door was convenient and used often in our 3 day stay. Decent location, though not that close to the touristy areas. All in all, I think this hotel should have cost at least 2/3rds of the price for what you ended up with .

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Julesabub R,

We would first like to thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our courtyard area and the cleanliness of your room, but it saddens me to hear about the rest of your stay. We work very diligently to ensure our guests get the quality level of accommodations and service they deserve while staying with us and it appears something has been missed in regards to your stay. We have not had any reports of any kinds of problems you've mentioned in any of our rooms. I would ask that you please contact me directly so that I may discuss your stay with you and determine which room you stayed in so that we may investigate and take remedial action on these issues.

We thank you for your business and we hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you on your next visit to Penticton.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Three of us stayed herein June. Rooms were comfortable and I liked the idea of being able to bring the car to the door of the room. Very private. The bathroom felt very cold and could do with painting the door of it as it looked somewhat shabby.The breakfast was really nice and a good selection. THe waitress was extremely helpful and advised us about where to visit in the area which we did on her advice and were not disappointed. Alll in all a very homely place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BHogg, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Marymccaberogan,

We would first like to thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us! We are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with the quality of accommodations you deserve as one of our valued guests. I will be sure to compliment our breakfast room staff on their efforts as they work extremely hard and love to hear positive feedback.

I would appreciate very much if you would contact me directly so that I may gain more insight into the room in which you stayed so that we may investigate and take remedial action with regards to your comments about the bathroom in your room. We are currently undertaking a major renovation on our bathrooms and I would like to make sure that this is taken care of for the next time you return to stay with us!

We thank you for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us again in the future!

General Manger

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotels in Penticton can be pricey and this hotel is not an exception. The entrance to most, if not all, rooms are from the outside so no hallways to navigate. The building is relatively older but well-maintained. My room was clean even though the carpeting was old. Breakfast was the usual fare in most Best Western hotels but it is a full breakfast with their famous "make your own" waffles. The best part of this hotel is the front desk staff, Tim, who welcomed us and took care of our needs and questions. If not for the price, I would rate this hotel higher. I can stay at another Best western hotel in the Okanagan for a lower price and much better accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pating
BHogg, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Pating,

We would like to thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us! We are pleased to know you were treated well by our staff and we will be sure to pass your comments along to them as they love to hear positive feedback! Our property is something we take great pride in making sure is maintained for our guests, and we appreciate our guests noticing our efforts to keep our facilities in good condition. I would appreciate very much if you contacted me directly so that we may better understand your concerns with the carpet in the room in which you stayed so that we may take remedial action. We will also be sure to take your concerns regarding pricing to our next team meeting and discuss it with our Executive team.

We thank you for your business and we hope you will return to stay with us again in the near future!

Kind Regards,