Best Western Inn at Penticton
Valley Star Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$74
Empire Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$69
5000 Motel(Penticton)
$62
Beachside Motel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$82
Ramada Penticton Hotel & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Agoda.com
Lakeside Villa Inn & Suites(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$74
Swiss Sunset Inn(Penticton)
$62
Coast Penticton Hotel(Penticton)(Great Value!)
$82
$85
$224
$155
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolthe breakfast areaplayground equipmentbreakfast was excellentlarge courtyardhot tubplay areafree breakfastskaha lakebbq areagreat for familiespull out couchfront desk staffyogurtbit datedpicnic tablesgreat place to stay
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed during a slow period and the service was good. The room appeared clean, however the shower had a substantial mold problem and the plumbing needed attention.
The trim (crown and baseboard ) was sub standard in placement and fit. I have seen amateur finishing superior to this.
The indoor pool and hotub was very inviting and well designed, however, the hotub, under closer inspection was full of dead skin and hair. We got out quickly and rinsed off.
The continental breakfast was more than continental and quite good, as was the attendant hostess.
All in all, the place was O.K. for the price.

Room Tip: South East rooms away from the road yet close enough to the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
BHogg, General Manager at Best Western Inn at Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Sorry for taking some time to respond to your review. First I would like to thank you for your comments. Our staff prides themselves in the service they provide for our guests and are always appreciative of the feedback they receive. We have taken some time and had out maintenance and housekeeping staff investigate your comments about the plumbing and showerhead and are unable to locate the issue. If you would be so kind as to email me back and let us know when and what room you stayed in so we may be able to research a little further.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Penticton.

Betsy Hogg
Email: bhogg@bestwestern.bc.ca

Reviewed October 11, 2011

We usually book ahead when we travel but because we have had poor experiences in the past in Penticton we decided to just go and view rooms before we actually paid. We saw the Best Western on our way to the district we normally stay at and it looked very clean and nice, so we stopped in. The room was very nice, like a junior suite, complete with kitchenette and private bedroom. We had patio doors leading into a common area, but we had privacy. The suite was very clean, although I did complain about the dishes and glasses being dirty (always the case though), and it was so quiet and compfortable. They include a complimentary continental breakfast which is nice when you are in a hurry, and we really enjoyed our stay. All this and only $108.00 cdn per night! And the best part? We travel with our dog and they didn't bat an eye and or give us a lower quality room. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly. All in all our stay was great and next year I will book in advance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maitiemouse
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed there 2 nights in September with a toddler. Room was spacious enough but very old. They've tried to renovate but it's still smelling musty and everything looks to have been patched somehow. Not what you'd expect from this well known brand. Wonderful breakfast, great indoor pool in a new building and a playground for kids. So it was a great base to explore the area. Not sure if I would go there again.

The only real negative was the rude attitude of the front-desk staff. We arrived on a Friday afternoon without reservation and there happened to be a bit of a line up with a group who had reservations. When my turn came, I asked for a room and the clerk was clearly overwhelmed with this level of business so she "reacted" and told me to wait until she had finished checking in everyone in the line until she could check her computer for vacancy. I could already tell her there were some vacant room from my search on my blackberry. In my book, the most important customer is the one standing in front of you. The next day I advised the manager and she apologized.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room, there is no elevator
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

All rooms overlook the swimming pool, park area and playground. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly and morning buffet breakkie is excellent. This is definitely a motel to return to and we will.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This hotel needs a lot of updating...we were given a room in the older area in the back. We had to climb the stairs at the back with our suitcases and the stair case swayed as we walked up. I asked to have a lower room as I had a dog with me but was told they were all taken...which sure didn't seem to be the case by the parking lot. We stayed in a double bed room which was pretty small. The bathroom was so small the toilet was set on an angle so the door could shut...it was loose on the floor and was leaking. There were light bulbs out in the bathroom and a chipped sink...the windows to the bathroom face the balcony so when you have a shower anyone walking by can hear/.see you you either in the shower or using the toilet...there was mold around the window and the grout in the shower. The continental breakfast was ok except the fruit salad was just a canned variety and had been there for a few days I am sure..very stale. For what we paid for this room I think we could have had a better room across the street at one of the no name brand motels. It did not live up to the good Best Western name at all. As I say we were not impressed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family