“Best bakery in Penticton!”
Review of Wouda's Bakery

Wouda's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Penticton
Cuisines: Dutch
Description: Located in the Okanagan Market in the Apple plaza you will find Wouda's Bakery nestled between a butcher and fish market. You will be greeted by shelves of handcrafted bread and cases of decadent pastries. Feel free to sit in the bakery and join us for a specialty coffee or a delicious lunch. All of our products are made with simple ingredients- just like the ones you find at home.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Best bakery in Penticton!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I were going to a BBQ in a nearby town and we stopped at Wouda's to pick up some baking. The ciabatta buns were straight out of the oven, they were soft with a bit of the chewy crust you would expect for a ciabatta bun, but far more tender.

The cheese buns were also a big hit! We tried a couple scones for the car ride, apple, pecan, cinnamon, and white chocolate was my favourite but my fiends seemed to prefer the the cheese, bacon, and roasted apple scone.

Try the macaroons, they are out of this world!

Rock Creek
“Great Bread, desserts and buns”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We buy pretty much all our bread and buns here - 10-15 loaves at a time. We live a 2 hour drive away, so we stock up when in Penticton. We phone our order in beforehand because they sell out of the more popular breads pretty quickly. Sometimes we have lunch here, and the food is generally very good, but the bread is the main attraction. It is reasonably priced and excellent quality. Lunch tends more to sandwiches and paninis, still very good. The deserts are very nice - the firn tarts are our favourite. I'm a big fan of their lattes - rich, nicely steamed milk and the espresso is not at all bitter. Nice!

• Visited August 2014
Laguna Beach, California
“I love their scones!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I haven't been back to Penticton for ages and it was a pleasant surprise to see such a nice bakery here. I absolutely loved their apricot, pecan scone - very moist and buttery. The blueberry and cranberry ones were also great.

On the other hand, the chocolate raspberry ganache cake was kinda dry and the cookies weren't that good. I also tried their hazelnut latte and it tasted burnt.

In any case, I would definitely come back to try their bread and stock up on the scones :)

• Visited July 2014
Penticton, Canada
“Excellent food, lost a point on the basics”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Everything I've tried at Wouda's has been delicious--from the Panini's to salads, soups, buns, cookies, and desert items. Each time I've been in there in the past 2 weeks there's been a steady stream of customers, but they appear adequately staffed as sometimes the stream is more of a trickle.

I docked one point on my review because there seems to be no attention given to restocking the self serve utensils, glasses and napkins. And the tables are always covered in crumbs, no one seems to wipe them off. If something is brought to the attention of the staff, they see that the problem is remedied. Even when an employee goes to a table to retrieve cutlery and cups, no attempt is made to clean the table for the next potential customer.

I will definitely go back to Wouda's as the food is worth it. Perhaps I will get my goodies to go next time, despite missing out on the opportunity to linger over an enjoyable cup of coffee.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank YuccaBC
“Great breads and pastries ”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Very good bread, pastries and cakes! Always delicious. The menu offer lunch as well which again is very tasty! Definitely worth checking out.