“Smoked pastrami sandwich a high point of a 1000 km drive”

Walla Artisan Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #27 of 198 Restaurants in Penticton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a unique artisan bakery and bistro located in the center of Penticton, serving delicious, rustic dishes for brunch and lunch, all made from scratch with natural ingredients. Our breads and buns are fermented for 3 days and made without any additives. We also have a variety of artisan foods to take home, and from May to October you can find us every Saturday at the local downtown market on Front St.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ok, I admit, I am a total foodie and a chocolate cake dessert snob. Tough combo. I remembered the fabulous foods at Walla from 3 years ago, stopped in Penticton on my way back from Calgary and was in for a real treat.
The house smoked pastrami sandwich made at Walla was simply the best I have ever had. The pickles( also made by Walla ) which came with the sandwich deserved a special mention. The flourless chocolate cake dessert, coffee and the service were all top notch. Thank you Walla!!

5  Thank MishaRobert

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We went there at 250 pm on Saturday for a late lunch.

Although the Cafe usually closed at 3 and the waitress had gone home, our group of six were welcomed by the owners with a big smile. We ordered some baked goods, some soup and they were terrific. The owner liked to serve the food nicely and he cut up the baked goods and really surprised us with the wonderful serving.

Go try this cafe at The Cannery. A bit out of the way, but worth it.

6  Thank Jayteekay
Reviewed August 3, 2013

With my task of organizing a post wedding breakfast for about 80 guests July 27th (in which I was also an out of town guest), I sought to find a bakery that would cater a selection of baked goods that would “wow” a foodie like me. Being from Vancouver where the choice is immense and having traveled to countries where croissants and Parmigiano Reggiano originated, and with limited time to organize this breakfast, my expectations were high to find a reliable and trustworthy establishment. Thank goodness Benjamin (the baker/owner) exceeded my expectations!

This small bakery and cozy cafe is tucked inside a mall behind a beer cannery where it was a bit hard to find but well worth the search! From the first sample of his sea salt focaccia buns I was hooked..a bit crusty, chewy, & ever so tasty with a bite of herb flavored sea salt! In addition to the dozens of buns, I ordered several large Mediterranean & gluten free Spanish Frittata quiches all of which proved to be a huge hit. They were fluffy and flaky and packed with intense flavors as only natural ingredients like Manchego cheese, locally grown veggies and eggs from happy chickens were used.

Everything made at Walla Bakery is additive free and handmade from scratch (including a variety of dips like hummus, baba ganoush and tzatziki). Benjamin even makes his own rich tasting Balsamic wine reductions and presses his own olive oil! From innovative savories, rustic breads to sweet indulgences (like clafoutis, chocolate croissants to specialty danishes and meringues the size of giant grapefruits like the ones I saw in Venice, Italy), everything was perfection! Service is professional, punctual and reliable.

If you’re passing through Penticton, be sure to stop by for one of the best bakery experiences outside of Europe and for those lucky enough to live in Penticton, be sure to consider Walla Artisan Bakery & Cafe to cater your next special event!

As someone who is trying to limit my carb intake, I'd say treat yourself and don't worry about the carbs for something special from Walla's!

7  Thank eatluvshop
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped by for soup and sandwhich, it was excellent. Meal was flavourful, fresh and a refreshing change from the usual lunch fare. Service was personal and owners went above and beyond to make sure you have a great meal. Truly wonderful food.

5  Thank nfair
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dropped in late on a saturday afternoon to find most of their stock gone. So go early if you want the best treats. I did partake in some pain au chocolate, which was heavenly. I don't get to Penticton often but you can bet I'll be there early in the day to see what other wonderful bakery goods they have available.

8  Thank vic-coastar