“Don't Worry about the Carbs ...it's so worth it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Walla Artisan Bakery & Cafe

Walla Artisan Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #24 of 189 Restaurants in Penticton
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a unique artisan bakery and bistro located in the center of Penticton, serving delicious, rustic dishes for brunch and lunch, all made from scratch with natural ingredients. Our breads and buns are fermented for 3 days and made without any additives. We also have a variety of artisan foods to take home, and from May to October you can find us every Saturday at the local downtown market on Front St.
vancouver b.c.
“Don't Worry about the Carbs ...it's so worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

With my task of organizing a post wedding breakfast for about 80 guests July 27th (in which I was also an out of town guest), I sought to find a bakery that would cater a selection of baked goods that would “wow” a foodie like me. Being from Vancouver where the choice is immense and having traveled to countries where croissants and Parmigiano Reggiano originated, and with limited time to organize this breakfast, my expectations were high to find a reliable and trustworthy establishment. Thank goodness Benjamin (the baker/owner) exceeded my expectations!

This small bakery and cozy cafe is tucked inside a mall behind a beer cannery where it was a bit hard to find but well worth the search! From the first sample of his sea salt focaccia buns I was hooked..a bit crusty, chewy, & ever so tasty with a bite of herb flavored sea salt! In addition to the dozens of buns, I ordered several large Mediterranean & gluten free Spanish Frittata quiches all of which proved to be a huge hit. They were fluffy and flaky and packed with intense flavors as only natural ingredients like Manchego cheese, locally grown veggies and eggs from happy chickens were used.

Everything made at Walla Bakery is additive free and handmade from scratch (including a variety of dips like hummus, baba ganoush and tzatziki). Benjamin even makes his own rich tasting Balsamic wine reductions and presses his own olive oil! From innovative savories, rustic breads to sweet indulgences (like clafoutis, chocolate croissants to specialty danishes and meringues the size of giant grapefruits like the ones I saw in Venice, Italy), everything was perfection! Service is professional, punctual and reliable.

If you’re passing through Penticton, be sure to stop by for one of the best bakery experiences outside of Europe and for those lucky enough to live in Penticton, be sure to consider Walla Artisan Bakery & Cafe to cater your next special event!

As someone who is trying to limit my carb intake, I'd say treat yourself and don't worry about the carbs for something special from Walla's!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank eatluvshop

Saskatoon
“Focaccia is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stopped by for soup and sandwhich, it was excellent. Meal was flavourful, fresh and a refreshing change from the usual lunch fare. Service was personal and owners went above and beyond to make sure you have a great meal. Truly wonderful food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank nfair
Victoria, Canada
“Chocolate wins every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dropped in late on a saturday afternoon to find most of their stock gone. So go early if you want the best treats. I did partake in some pain au chocolate, which was heavenly. I don't get to Penticton often but you can bet I'll be there early in the day to see what other wonderful bakery goods they have available.

Visited July 2013
8 Thank vic-coastar
Oliver, Canada
“Focaccia that makes your taste buds dance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

About a month ago, I went into Walla based on the recommendation of a friend, and since then, there's no looking back! On my first visit, I had a beautiful, fluffy quiche with a soft crust, a light salad, and fresh bread of course! Despite being solo, I enjoyed a pleasant conversation with some other friendly patrons, and Sharon and Ben, making for a warm, welcoming atmosphere.

On my second visit, I stopped by with a friend on the way to the beach. The focaccia immediately caught our eyes, so we bought one for our picnic lunch by the lake. That was over a week ago and I'm still dreaming about it! Soft and herby focaccia that easily tears apart, covered with black olives, tomato, cheese and spices. We tried to eat it as slowly as possible to really savour it, but it was impossible to hold back.

The first and second of many more visits to come! I can't wait for what culinary surprises await!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Guilty_Gourmand
Paris, France
“A feast in Penticton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Ate my way through Walla! Crazy but I tried to taste almost everything there, that's how good it was. Cheese and chocolate danish (flaky and surprisingly not too sweet); pastrami (nitrate free, hand smoked, incredibly tasty) on rye bread and with spicy pickles; baklava (didn't leave a crumb); cinnamon raison brioche (which also makes fantastic French toast); potato, mushroom and cheese bourekas (I tried all 3 and still can't decide which is my favorite); frittata, Mediterranean quiche, flourless chocolate cake (real chocolate taste and not too sweet)....Seriously,this guy belongs in my neighborhood in Paris, he would fit right in: serious about food, fresh ingredients, everything made from scratch, rich and tasty, and he's a riot to talk to. What a find.

• Visited May 2013