“Great burger and fries! ”
Review of burger 55

burger 55
Ranked #1 of 14 Quick Bites in Penticton
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Come And Enjoy Flavourful Custom Gourmet Burgers Out On Our Patio And Wash Them Down With A Local Beer...
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

We had a groupon coupon for this place and truly enjoyed our meal. We did not get too adventurous in our toppings but stuck to our favourite cheeseburgers. They were divine. The fries were super hot, crispy, and obviously hand cut. Great friendly service with big smiles. It was busy and you had to wait as they cooked your burger-a very good thing! Delicious. I will be back.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

The burgers are good, I like the idea of being able to build my burger the way I like it. Negatives are that the two times I went there the service was very slow & the food is pricey. Also if you've never been there before the place is a little hard to find.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Lots of choices to choose from....Something for everyone...Self serve, casual atmosphere...Made fresh..

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Sorry to say first time visit the meat was very undercooked, however they heated it up again and made it right. Second time was not the charm… went back for another visit 2 months later and same thing .. burger meat very undercooked and this time it was take out so no luck and we couldn't even finish the meal .. we won't be coming back. One plus was the poutine was ok, however the prices are a bit high for this type of food and non-professional service.

Date of visit: July 2016
burger55team, Owner at burger 55, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Hi There

So sorry to hear about your experience.
We use top grade ground chuck for our patties and it will show a touch of pink when cooked. It even states this on our menus. If you do decide to try us again please just let us know you like you beef cooked a little longer and we will do so to make it right.
As an apology please accept 2 burgers on me. Just print this off and ask for Thomas when you arrive. I do hope you try us again soon

Cheers

Chris

Reviewed July 27, 2016

I went to this place three times. First time I ordered a beef burger and was extremely disappointed in how tasteless it was. The burger itself had zero spices or taste and the coleslaw was just water! And I am a person who likes simple tastes.

Second and third time I went for the lamb burger and loved it! People say the place is expensive but I think it's medium for a burger.

As for milkshakes, my friends got theirs too "milky" once so I asked that they be made thick and they came out amazing. Service is really nice and friendly here and if you ask politely, they are happy to help.

Date of visit: May 2016
burger55team, Manager at burger 55, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Hey there,

Glad you tried us again despite receiving what sounds like not at all the product or service we aim for. Overrated isn't what we aim for, mind blowing is.

Some like theres thinner, some like em thicker, glad you asked us to make your milkshake the way you like it.

If you want to discuss how we failed to execute the first time you visited further, please contact me directly at Thomas@burger55.com :)