“Great burger "shack"”

burger 55
Ranked #17 of 195 Restaurants in Penticton
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: come and enjoy flavourful custom gourmet burgers out on our patio and wash them down with a local beer...
St. Albert, Canada
“Great burger "shack"”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Shack is a great word to describe it, but don't let it's appearance fool you! We found out about this place by people on twitter and we're glad we stopped by!

They have a huge selection of burgers and toppings to create your own masterpiece. Have some fun with it and experiment! Their fries are pretty good, but the burgers are obviously the main focus.

There are only a few picnic tables for seating so be prepared to grab and go or eat in your vehicle.
We would go back.

Kelowna, Canada
“An Excellent Burger Shack!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After seeing an episode of "You've gotta Eat Here" featuring a somewhat local place, I knew I'd have to check it out. Making my way from Kelowna to Penticton with a few friends, we found ourselves pulling up to the small, colourful building right around 1PM on a Friday afternoon. There were several people milling about either eating or waiting. Walking in the door, clipboards line the wall to your right with golf pencils close at hand. You then proceed to either select one of their stock offerings or true to the theme, you pick everything and assemble your burger. It's not fast food, it's cooked to order so the mere 15 minute wait wasn't an issue. Your name is called and your order is ready. I enjoyed a AAA beef burger on a whole wheat bun, with beat curls, lettuce, pickle, their 55 Buhda sauce, mozza, a fried egg and artichoke hearts.
Everything tasted great and it was a big burger.
NOTE TO SELF: nix the artichoke next time (personal trial)
Value for the quality received was good, as mentioned before THIS IS NOT FAST FOOD, it's a quality, personalized, delicious burger. I went sans (without) fries as the burger was more than enough to tied me over.
I'd recommend you make an effort to find this place.
3 guys / 3 burgers / 1 order fries & gravy / 1 pop & 1 water - $34

Kelowna, Canada
“Burger Paradise”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you like a burger built the way you want it ... Burger 55 is the place to go.

You can select everything, toppings, sauces, type of fries or poutine. The service is great and if you want to check out the burger of the month go to their youtube channel by owner Chris Boehm https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZg4MHLgle2JYHBCS7T8Aig.

Not a lot of seating, and the restaurant is very small, just enough room to order.

There us ample parking near the restaurant (even three spots in front).

This is one of the best burgers I have ever tasted!

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I went for a walk with my dog on Labour Day, generally enjoying the quietness that is Penticton at the end of summer. Noticing there was (remarkably) not too many people at 55, I decided to grab lunch.

I told Josh just to freestyle it and was I glad I did. This thing was amazing. There was some kind of corn relish, a wasabi flavour, BBQ sauce, fresh spinach. Perfect burger, perfect bun.

It was served to me with about 10 napkins, which were totally needed because of the drippy deliciousness of the sandwich.

I see some of the reviews are complaining about the price. If you want a $5 burger, go to MacDonalds. You're paying for a custom handmade burger and sauces. It's worth the money.

Seriously an excellent burger.

Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to "You Gotta Ear Here" we made it our goal while in Penticton to experience this burger palace. The whole experience was totally unique, from creating your own burger, watching it being made in this little kitchen to the wonderful flavor of eating it. You will not be disappointed!