“Another Unlicensed Establishment”

Add it.
Sushi Heaven Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 209 Restaurants in Penticton
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We planned on coming into town to go for Sushi. For some reason this was the only Sushi Place opened in Penticton on a Saturday Afternoon. As soon as we sat down, I noticed no Alcohol in Cooler nor on the Menu...Ugh, not sure why but this is the second Sushi place in Town that doesn't have a Liquor License. Anyways we were so hungry we stayed and ate. The food was pretty good(Salmon Nigiri and Tempura).The Toro was still a bit frozen so not that great. Our Server was new and inexperienced.If you want pretty good Sushi and don't mind they don't serve Alcohol, then not a bad place to Eat.Nice new looking Decor

1  Thank like2travelplaces

Reviewed January 25, 2019

Every time I have been in the restaurant staff has been fantastic. If it is busy and I have to wait I always get free food, even if I am not waiting long. I received a free miso soup with my takeout order when I didn't even have a wait time. The food is consistently good and I always enjoy my time there.

Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

I was really excited to try out this new restaurant in town however I wasn’t that pleased. My first experience was during lunch and the server wouldn’t make a simple change to my meal. I don’t eat seafood and was wanting to substitute the California rolls for cucumber rolls in my bento box, however they weren’t willing to change it for me even after offering to pay more. My second experience was with my boyfriend. It was a 20 minute wait on a Saturday night which I didn’t mind waiting however I got the worst seat in the house! My water was served in a coffee cup and I had to ask many times for them to top it up as they walked right by me. The food seemed to take forever about 20-30 minutes, the restaurant basically cleared out by the time we got our food. I ordered a chicken teriyaki bowl but got a hot plate instead that was burnt with rice on the side. By the time we were finished eating out hot plates we were basically ready to pay and leave. But they forgot our beef teriyaki rolls. So we had to wait longer for those to be made. I was not impressed with the service nor the customer service.

Reviewed January 22, 2019

Went here for lunch with my son during the holidays for the first time. We were very pleasantly surprised with the large menu and tried a few different sushi rolls and a hot plate noodle dish. We absolutely loved it, so fresh and full of flavor. Staff is excellent and very welcoming. A definite go to place!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2018

OMG, this place is awesome! The food, the presentation, the decor, the staff everything works. We ordered a lunch box so we could savour a few different items. I'm not a huge teriyaki fan but it was delicious, not too sweet, the chicken tender. The tempura was light & crisp, the prawns so delicious. A small salad was included with a really nice dressing which did not overtake & a perfect accompaniment to cleanse the palate between dishes. Unfortunately, I was too full to try the California rolls, so they came home with me for a pre dinner appetizer. A very large serving at a very affordable price. Have booked us in for Sunday evening, so my husband can enjoy, too! You can bet that I will be telling all our guests this is the place to for lunch or dinner. Thanks for deciding to open your wonderful restaurant in Penticton!

Date of visit: December 2018