Log Cabin Motel
Priceline
Pass Motor Inn(Penticton)
$94
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here late September there were quite a few of us - we were in town for a family funeral, but stayed for over a week.

Our room was well equipped with standard full size kitchen equipment. The room was thoroughly cleaned everyday and the staff were friendly helpful and accommodating and the price was very reasonable. This isn't the most upmarket accommodation in Penticton but you wont feel ripped off at the end of your stay.

One down side was the seniors home next door and their early morning trash collection - not so much the event itself but more the reversing horn of the trash truck which pre 6.00am was very peircing!

As an aside I was really surprised at how quickly Penticton closed down for the winter. I live in the UK and resorts over here with far less in the way of natural and built resources seem to have no difficulty in extending their seasons well into October. Penticton is a fabulous place I cant believe people don't want to visit at times other than the peak summer months.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Chad S, Public Relations Manager at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for the review Paul. We are glad we could be here for you at such a time. Sorry about the truck pickup. That is out of our control.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our home away from home. All praise, no complaints at all from this family of 7. Owners are very hospitable. Clean, comfortable, very spacious, well maintained, heated outdoor pool, turn key, great location, walking distance from the beach....what more can we say..We give it a A++++++++

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MelissaForbes
Chad S, Public Relations Manager at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words Melissa. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here two summers ago for two nights. On our last night we had been out for dinner at Anothony's pub across the street and when we returned had a few drinks in our cabin. Before turning in for the night I noticed a zip up bag on the top shelf of our closet. When we opened we were VERY surprised to find used heroin needles and empty dime bags that were clearly once filled with the drug. We immediately took this to the owners attention. He was VERY rude and acted as though he had no idea what it was or why it might be there. He ended up taking 20$ off our total, which I think is a crock considering how dangerous those needles are. Imagine a family had been staying in this cabin and a child had found them? We took lots of pictures just in case the owner tried to deny it. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea888_13
Chad S, Owner at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for the review Chelsea. We welcome all feedback, good and bad. I remember your stay here because it was an unprecedented occurrence. As you stated, you did not even find the bag yourself until your last night in the room, meaning it was not in full view for our cleaning staff.

I am sorry you thought my behaviour was rude.

This was the first time since 1986 that such an incident occurred. It was defiantly an isolated incident.

Since your brought this to our attention we are more diligent in checking our room after clients leave.

We are a family oriented motel with 80% of our clients being repeat customers who have been coming here to 17 years and who would certainly vouch for our establishment.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Both times I have stayed here the owner has been very kind and helpful . The first time we stayed in a 2 level suite with a jacuzzi . Last time was a basic room , but it was very well taken care of . Penticton is small enough , so it is easy to get around . The motel is very close to Skaha Lake . This is my place to stay whenever we visit in the future .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Skwiki
Chad S, Guest Relations Manager at Log Cabin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for your review Skwiki. I will pass the glowing comments on to Leon. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Log Cabin a few times in recent years. I was very surprised when Leon, the owner, remembered me when I checked in as it had been a few years since my last stay. As I was uncertain of the length of time I was staying due to a death in my family, Leon was very accommodating and booked me a one bedroom kitchen unit, so I would be more comfortable during this stressful time. The unit was very clean.

The 1st floor unit was quiet, spacious, the bed very comfortable, had windows that opened and individual thermostat controlled temperature.

I was very impressed and moved that the hotel proprietor would the go a second mile checking on me when my car hadn't moved or been seen for a day, to ensure that I was alright or if I needed anything.

I ended up staying 5 days, and was grateful when Leon adjusted the nightly rate on check out.

I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo