“Good Value/Full Kitchen in middle of Penticton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Tree Inn

Apple Tree Inn
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Penticton
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Value/Full Kitchen in middle of Penticton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here recently with my family while doing some wine touring. We were able to get separate rooms for increased privacy and avoid eating out at mediocre restaurants by using the full sized fridge and kitchen for our meals.

It isn't a five star resort with modern furnishings, but our rooms were clean, tidy, and the kitchen well organized with everything we needed. The staff were also friendly and accommodating. I'd go back.

The only somewhat-complaint I have is that there wasn't a separate couch in the room where we stayed; however, the space was taken up by the second bed, and there was a dining table with plenty of chairs so we were still able to be comfortable watching TV during the evening.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andi S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and it was the one of the top recommended. I was there with my husband, our 1 month old baby, my sister her boyfriend. We go to Penticton every summer and normally camp but stayed in a hotel this time since we have a baby. The actual room was decent, but I expected better for the price. The first time we flushed the toilet it overflowed all over the floor. It would not stop running.. We called the front desk and told them what happened, a few minutes later someone came to our door with a plunger and a mop, handed it over and left. Um okay? My sisters boyfriend tried to fix the toilet but couldn't. The mop they gave us was so crappy and old it wouldn't absorb anything. I called back the front desk as the toilet water was now leaking all over the carpet in our bedroom.. The manager came to fix it, however was extremely rude about it. He even gave me a speech about flushing diapers and baby wipes as if that's what caused the problem. I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't do that. He didn't even sanitize the floor which was now covered in icky toilet water. Not exactly sanitary with a baby in the room. Oh and when we first got in the room there was dirty washcloths hanging from the tub.. Ewww..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank theraq

Travelers are raving about these Penticton hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Centrally located this motel is a clean well kept and affordable. Only disappointment no tub.

Friendly staff and very quiet. Would return to this motel. Rode bikes and was provided with towels for bikes after a rainy night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Forks, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

No, it's not a 5 star resort, but for a clean comfortable place to stay the night, it worked just fine. Friendly staff, quality free wi-fi that actually worked! 3 bed rooms are available, which was a great bonus as I was travelling with my Mom and son.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel falsely advertised their location on booking.com as being close to big white resort. When I found out that it was close I called to cancel and talked to the manager Paul. He told me if I talked to booking.com everything would be fine. Then proceeded to tell booking.com that I would be charged for the night. Not what I call good business. I will be telling everyone about this incident till I get my money back for a stay I didn't even have.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Linzi0113
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Room and appliances kept clean. Full size fridge was great because we stayed for a week. Outside has well maintained pool, 3 bbq's and flowers. Mall (with grocery and liquor store) across the street and beach is a few blocks down the road. All this with the price made for a great stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms were very dated, linens and curtains are old, ovens didn't work and the pool was dirty. The owner was not helpful at all (although his wife and daughter were lovely and tried their best) and when we brought up the oven not working suggested it was our fault and that we just didn't know how to cook properly. His wife was very sweet and tried to assist us as much as she could. Much better and nicer places to stay in Penticton.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends