“We loved our stay, I'd definitely stay again!”

Tiki Shores Inn and Suites
Okanagan
“We loved our stay, I'd definitely stay again!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our stay at the Tiki Shores was an all around great stay! The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were very accomodating and nice. It's located right across from the beach which we loved! I've stayed in some pretty bad places and this was definitely not one of them. I'd recommend it for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TikiShores, Manager at Tiki Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Kelsey,
Thank you for the nice review, we're glad you had a nice stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at Tiki Shores during my summer holidays. I always check reviews and have to say that I did not experience what the others below have experienced. I found the front desk clerk to be cheerful and very helpful with current events and activities going on in the area. My room was clean and ready upon my arrival! My room was a standard room but I did ask for a 2 bedroom deluxe for next time! I plan to come back to Tiki Shores next summer and have even made the suggestion to friends who are having a corporate event in Penticton to stay there! Definitely wonderful location-across from a beautiful beach! And the price was reasonable for the time of year!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lisa,
Thank you for the review and the recommendation to your friends. We hope to see you again :)
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am a returning customer at the tiki shores hotel. My husband and I stayed there twice this past summer and both times we had a fantastic time. Our room was clean and tidy everyday..unlike other hotels we've stayed at before. The workers were also really nice and accomdating. Anyways I would strongly suggest staying here. One last thing, it's a great location, right by the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad your husband and yourself enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again!
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I disagree with the management saying there is NO smoking outside the suite doors.If this is true when why are there ashtrays next to each door?Also there is smoking and drinking allowed in the pool area.This is NOT a place for NON-smokers or light drinkers.During the weekend this motel carters to party people and could give a dam about families.The pool is falling apart! The BBQ are dirty.And worst of all management only cares about the money!!!! This is not to say anything mean its just the truth and travellers should beware of problems.

• Stayed July 2013
TikiShores, Manager at Tiki Shores Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hi there,
We do not provide ashtrays outside of the rooms.

Tiki Shores does not cater to "Party People", we are a family orientated motel and if a group of young people happen to check in, all we can do is ask them to be quiet and keep an eye on them, we have 24 hour security on site to make sure after hours is quiet.

In no way do we promote partying, we are a family orientated motel. We can not discriminate against peoples age, sex or race, so if people check in and are loud, we try our best to keep it at a minimum.

We apologize if you did not have a pleasant stay with us.
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

On July 23rd I requested to book a one bedroom suite, however this room was not available. So they upgraded to the Roman Room for a 6 day stay starting on Aug 21st.

We checked in and found that we had been given the one bedroom suite. Basically a one bedroom suite came available after confirmation and they never bothered to ask me or tell me that the confirmed room was downgraded. Even when I checked in they could have said something but no just let me find out when I opened the room door. They downgraded and gave away my confirmed booking, no apologies, no compensation, nothing. I was told too bad that's what you originally asked for.

So spent 5 nights, left a night early, sleeping on a sofa bed that had a thin mattress and the bed frame had a sink hole in the middle.

The pictures do not represent how old and worn down the accommodations are.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Kim,
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. We actually did apologize several times and did compensate you, as you know we did put a large refund on your credit card.

If your confused about the compensation, we will email you the invoice that shows it.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Awful, awful awful. We arrived to check in after driving for 5 hours, and our room was not ready. They told us to come back in half an hour. The room was not ready for 2 HOURS!!! The front desk clerk was EXTREMELY discourteous and did not offer us any compensation for the inconvenience. The cleaning staff left a bag of leaves and dirt that they swept up from the patio on our couch (nice touch, thank-you!). I called the front desk and asked for a new BBQ lighter to be brought to our room, and they told me NO, I had to come down to get it myself (aren't they getting paid to do things like that???). The rooms are sub-par, the AC did not work, the rooms are not very clean (dirt stains in the bathtub), the fridge didn't close properly so a lot of our food spoiled, the pool is overlooking the parking lot (so pretty! NOT) and the front desk staff are just the worst people imaginable in customer service. They also don't allow late check-outs even if they give you a late check in. Will NEVER E-V-E-R come back here, this place is not even good enough for cockroaches!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Tessa,
We're sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Our check in time is at 3pm, so we do not guarantee the room would be ready by then

We take pride in our property and have put a lot of work in to it. We are a small older property as many of us are here on sunset strip. so we do what we can to keep the property up to date

We remember your group well and did not allow a late check out as we did have someone coming in to that suite, we had a big turn over that day.

If you're looking for a pool with a nicer view, I would highly suggest staying in Summerland Resort, they have a fabulous pool view :)
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Tiki Shores was great. We arrived earlier than check in and our room wasn't quite ready yet but they took our cell # and said they would call as soon as it was done. We were able to check in a few hours early which was great! We just went to have a bite to eat while waiting for the call. The rest. on site, Cambo Beach was great! The prices were fantastic and food was fresh! Our room was nice (2 bedroom deluxe), the only complaint we had was there were no fans in the actual bedrooms and the AC didn't reach into the rooms, we had to leave the doors open for airflow which didn't allow for much privacy. The staff was very accommodating, we had 5 people in our room and only 3 chairs on our balcony, the staff quickly brought us 2 more chairs. Also the lighting in the bathrooms was not the best but our makeup didn't turn out too bad each day haha. We loved the fact that we had a patio on the BBQ which we cooked most of our meals on so we didn't have to eat out every day.
We enjoyed the stay and the price we paid so we decided to book again for the following year and were able to get the 3 bedroom suite with the private yard, which we are very excited for! (Only cost an extra $10 a night!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Sarah,
Thank you so much for the nice review, we are very happy that you are planning to stay with us again!
Apologies for the lack of A/C, we do have some fans at the office for guests to use (for future reference)

See you next summer!