“Great for Breakfast”
Review of White Spot

White Spot
Ranked #33 of 199 Restaurants in Penticton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The breakfasts are wonderful-- particularly the hashbrowns! Everything else is average, unexciting, bland, and expensive for what you get. The service is usually pretty good. I will never go back for dinner, but I will be back for breakfast!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Well... went into the restaurant about 2 pm on a Thursday. Stood around the 'hosting desk' for 5 minutes waiting for someone to notice me. There were probably three or four tables occupied, but not much staff around - eventually both a waitress and a waiter converged on me, and I got a table. The place was nicely furnished, but NOT VERY CLEAN. The booth I was given had a fairly heavy sprinkling of crumbs on the banquette, apparently nobody had bothered wiping it down after the last guests. And I could not help noticing a fair amount of debris in plain view on the floor across from me.

I visited mainly to see if the food was still the classic WhiteSpot that I remembered from the 60s, 70s, 80s. Ordered a Legendary with extra triple-ooo and fries. The burger took probably ten minutes to arrive, in the meantime I had a cup of coffee, which was quite alright.

Happily, the burger was PRETTY GOOD - more or less as I remembered it from the drive in days. The pickle was the classical Ukrainian salted variety, of good size, color and texture. The bun was (I would say) 90% the classical White Spot bun of old, and the patty and sauce were as well. But I have to say the coleslaw has slipped a bit - it seemed to have the classical ingredients, but was notably lacking in sweetness. Fries were perhaps a tad over-cooked, but at least they were real hand-cut fries.

Overall, service was "OK", decor was "Good", but cleanliness left a lot to be desired. And at a little over $15 (not including tip) for a burger, fries, and coffee - it didn't leave me with a strong passion to return to this establishment. But if i am in the area, I suppose that I might drop by again to see if they have cleaned up any, and perhaps check out if the Toasted Shrimp Sandwich or "Chicken in the Straw" is anything reminiscent of it former glory...

1  Thank mm__j__ww
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to the new restaurant for supper. It was not busy but everyone seemed to be rushing around. It took longer than usual for our supper and discovered the patties were very small. We found the price expensive for a mediocore burger. Left feeling disappointed.
Second time was the worst experience ever. The Assistant Manager, Michael, led us to a table and stood in the aisle as I sat down. He started to explain and show the dinner specials. As he was talking I noticed he was blocking the aisle and my husband couldn't sit down. My husband, in a friendly manner asked him to wait to explain the specials until he sat down. The Assistant Manager looked at my husband, ignored him and continued reading the specials to me and then walked away. My husband then sat down, we looked at each other in shock and said "can you believe what just happened" Upon that we decided to walk out and never go back.

2  Thank ron k
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A good place to pickup a good burger and fries after a long day on the road. The service is courteous and fast.

2  Thank Whynemaker
Reviewed December 19, 2012

first time we went the fish&chips were realy good. 1 week later went back & the fish&chips were really greasy what happened. server said she was going to tell the cook so mabey i will give them 1 more chance

1  Thank Leslie M