“Quick Dinner”

White Spot
Ranked #32 of 192 Restaurants in Penticton
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: White Spot Restaurants are passionate about fresh, local ingredients & great service. Try award-winning burgers, delicious salads, pastas & more! Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner & take out.
Summerland Bc
“Quick Dinner”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A good place to pickup a good burger and fries after a long day on the road. The service is courteous and fast.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Whynemaker

Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
“fish &chips”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

first time we went the fish&chips were realy good. 1 week later went back & the fish&chips were really greasy what happened. server said she was going to tell the cook so mabey i will give them 1 more chance

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Leslie M
Penticton
“New Building same great taste.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After a rocky start to the newly rebuilt White spot my friend and I went for lunch a few weeks after opening. The flavors were spot on. just as they should be! Service was a bit slow but the place was full.

Visited November 2012
Okanagan Valley
“Train Wreck - in super slow motion.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

As a life-long resident of British Columbia and, for many years, a Greater Vancouver resident, I have a close and enduring relationship with the White Spot restaurant chain. In fact, when I was in high school, I was a car hop at the Whalley location back in the 70s. They've been faithfully working the burger/diner hybrid for decades (established in 1928) and I'm sure they're not going anywhere.
Our local White Spot had a kitchen fire a year or so ago and so it was with great anticipation that I looked forward to the new facility that rose from the ashes on the same location. For what it's worth, the building and the interior design is step up from the usual modified coffee shop and rows of booths you see in other places. It definitely has some West Coast appeal with plenty of finished wood and towering windows. Looking out those windows at the Main street strip retail blight is no cause for joy but the light coming is a great addition to the ambiance.
The occasion was the monthly meeting of the Okanagan Burger Tour (you can find us on Facebook). Our group goes to different places and eats a burger and exchanges notes. Mostly, it's just an opportunity to eat and chat in real life. Simple, but it works.
My burger, the Monty Mushroom burger, met my expectations in the flavour, composition and temperature categories. But let's cut to the chase - you can go to one of their drive thru Triple O's or another location to get a taste fix. But avoid this location for at least, oh, let's say, three more months. Here's why:
- they opened over a month ago from the date of this review. They invited our group, we reminded them we were excited to be coming and they still lost the reservation.
- the service is so uneven it makes you wonder if anyone knows what they're supposed to be doing. At one point we were smothered with attention, 10 minutes later we couldn't find a server. The servers are learning to apologize in many different ways for mistakes of their own making and some that are beyond their control. I especially enjoyed one server who insisted one of our group was 'wrong' and, in fact, 'this' is what you ordered. Classy.
-food presentation is erratic at best. I may be a little picky on this but it you're going to plate your famous coleslaw (?) why bury it under the French fries?
- You're a month into full opening and you don't have a liquor license? Words fail this kind of clusterfudge.
I'm pretty sure the whip is being cracked as I write this and changes for the better are in store for this location. I won't be back until I hear some good reports from trusted sources.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Bradinator
Summerland, Canada
“White Spot reopened.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This location has rebuilt and reopened! Newspaper review says they have a private dining area for meetings. Same corporate White Spot menu.

Visited November 2012