“Disappointed......”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Anthony's Pub & Lounge - CLOSED

Anthony's Pub & Lounge
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Disappointed......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Used to be one of my favourite places - don't know what's happened but the last two times have not been good. The first time I listened to a very foul-mouthed man - pretty disgusting - in retrospect I wish I had asked the waitress to either move me or ask him to watch his language. This last visit was no better - ordered what used to be my favourite there - the reuben sandwich.....used to be one of the best I've ever had. My first clue should have been when the waitress came and told me they were out of sauerkraut. Oh well....I can handle no sauerkraut....when the sandwich came it did not taste like corned beef.......in fact it looked & tasted like it was meant for a baron of beef.....I asked the waitress (who was very friendly & doing the best she could) & she assured it was 'corned'. The side salad had pieces of lettuce in it that shouldn't have made it to the plate. Anyways, it was very disappointing. The service was slow as well. In reading some of the reviews it sounds like there's been a change of owners. Hopefully things can improve there.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Islandmornings

Kipling Station, Saskatchewan, Canada
“hot wings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

It was okay but needs to watch prices a liitle closer as there is other bars that give you more bang for you buck

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Blaine V
Penticton, Canada
“Astonished at how local people treat servers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I went in on Friday December 20th. The service was exceptionally good and our food was fast and delicious. As we were sitting there our server approached another one of her tables and the customers aggressively started to verbalize to her "This was the worse service ever, we haven't been for 3 years since those new owners took over, and we know why now. We local Penticton people are your bread and butter and we expect service. We are going to tell everyone about you and go on the internet and bash this place!!!" We were absolutely horrified in how these local people treated her. This is a place where we frequent often and we appreciate the service we get. We would appreciate it if "you local people" who don't like "our" pub, we go to frequently, then please don't go there so we can enjoy it!!

• Visited December 2013
Vancouver
“Just good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

It was great value for the money. The food was good, the seating ample. Nice big pub menu! Lots of items that looked dellicious. Drinks were reasonable priced too.

Visited August 2013
Delta, Canada
“Fresh tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was the upstairs patio that caught our attention when we were looking for a place to have dinner while visiting Penticton.
The owner greeted us at the door when we walked in. There were no tables available up stairs, but were promptly seated in the main floor patio.
We had just ordered our drinks when the Owner informed us that a table had become available upstairs.We all thought that was considerate of him to give us the option to move.
Our server was efficient & friendly. Just a few minutes after we ordered our food she came by to offer us complimentary nacho's & salsa as the kitchen was backed up and it might be a bit of a wait for our order.
We were all appreciative of this gesture.Food arrive shortly after, the salads were very fresh & plentiful, steak sandwich was cooked to order and the fries awesome!!
This is not a high end restaurant, but if you want a nice atmosphere and above average pub fare then you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013