“Stay away from this place.”
Review of Anthony's Pub & Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Anthony's Pub & Lounge
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Kelowna, Canada
“Stay away from this place.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This pub used to be a excellent meeting place for dinner and drinks with friends, however since new owners took over during the last couple of years it has turned into an dive. Atmosphere has gone from friendly neighborhood pub, to hangout for undesirables. Don't waste your time or money here, Penticton has much better places to enjoy a beer on the patio.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank RobH20

Penticton
“Needs a drastic update”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is a pub , so I guess if you went in the evening , you wouldn't notice how run down it has become. We saw the ad in the paper for fish and chips at lunchtime for $8.99. My husband could live on fish and chips. Great big piece of fish and homemade fish. He really enjoyed at a reasonable price. For lunchtime , I thought the menu was a little pricey. The tables all need sanded and re-stained. I sat on the bench seat. There was no padding left. You sat on the wood of the bench. I put my coat on the seat , as the material is all peeling and would be picked up by my clothes. There was only 3 other tables at noon. The waitress was the bartender as well. She was very friendly (Adrien) My husband can go back but I won't be.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Whatsfordinner1964
Penticton, Canada
“Don't waste your cash eating here...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went on Friday night for a dinner out with family. The place was full with only two servers to be found. Took forever to get a drink, an appy, and dinner - 2.5 hours. Had to ask for napkins, cutlery, and condiments. Asked twice for the condiments. Had to ask if we were cut off because we couldn't get the servers attention to get another beer. Then the bill came...wasn't right the first time, and the second time wasn't any better - three times the charm (finally).

The food was ok, not great or anything I would recommend (maybe to an enemy). The menu wasn't updated - they offered things on the menu that they did not have - we had to order twice.

I've never had this bad an experience anywhere. This place used to be pretty good, this is no longer true. We're not picky people and we've been here many times before. Until things change here we won't be back i.e. management, staff, menu

Mr. Bartender - after you blow your nose in a napkin and cough all over your hands try washing with soap and water, you're serving food and drink!!!!!

Save your cash for another of the many restaurants in town.

• Visited November 2012
Peterborough, Canada
“The fish and chips were terrible”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

When it was served to me it looked so good.....supposedly in an authentic beer batter. But where was the fish? Oh, there it is. Talk about mushy! What a disappointment.

Visited April 2012
Coaldale, Canada
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed in the area for 4 nights and ate here for 3 of them! The staff was super friendly and the food was delicious!!! I look forward to coming back again.

Visited August 2012