“A little gem in New Westminster”
Review of Hi Dozo

Hi Dozo
Ranked #63 of 264 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I went here on a random weekday (thursday), just to try it out because it was pretty closeby.

What a pleasant surprise. Nice little clean decor, nice and quiet atmosphere, very pleasant and humorous waitresses (even though their english wasn't quite fluent, they were very smiley).

Food was a definite plus. They have a good appetizer selection, that I don't see that often (or maybe I just never paid attention). Their speciatly makis are quite original and worth trying. It costs us.....I believe 40$ for 2 people, taxes and tips included (and we ordered a lot of stuff)

I would say the only little drawback (if I have to be picky), was one of the tofu appetizer wasn't as soft as I expected (those little cubic-lightly fried tofu pieces)......but that's about it. The rest was satisfying.

My partner and I particularly appreciated the fact it was nice and quite, a welcome change from the usual super hustling activity in other sushi places.

We will be back.