“Excellent food with excellent view”

Taverna Greka Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Excellent service, excellent food, excellent view. Always a treat to eat here. The desserts are outstanding. Lots of vegetarian choices. Very reasonably priced.

2  Thank julsmavis

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had a very average experience here on a slow Wednesday night. Dined alone, wasn't offered any drink prior to ordering dinner. Meal was just ok. About 20 minutes after ordering I was served my meal complete all at once, including the pita bread and my Caesar Salad. Would have been nice to at least have the pita first to nibble on. Lamb chops were paper thin, a bit tough, and quite bland. Potatoes and rice were a bit greasy, and the accompanying vegetables consisted of 2 small carrot slices.

I might have mentioned the quality had the server bothered to ask how my meal was, but that didn't happen. Oddly enough she did ask the table beside me how their meals were. I'm pretty sure I showered this morning...

Don't think I would return, as there seems to be better options in New Westminster.

2  Thank Ninjaroo_1
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Mom & pop business. Didn`t meet pop. Mom was fantastic. Daughter was good. Her husband, the son-in-law - well...that`s another matter entirely. Goucho!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I love this restaurant. It's your typical Greek restaurant, kitsched out in scuptures and paintings of Greek gods and goddesses, with vines hanging from the ceiling. But it's a great vibe and if you get a seat by the water, a great view. The space is also large so you can have big groups to opa the night away. As for the food, yummy. I usually get the mixed souvlaki and it's always good. I also had the spanikopita and it was delicious.

1  Thank Ms_Missy
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, service and the wonderful view of the river. Our meals were hot, fresh and tasty and the waiter was extremely friendly and attentive. What a great experience, absolutely nothing I could report negative! How refreshing! As well we didn't know that restaurant closed at 9 and we were still there shortly after, they didn't rush us or make us feel like we should go home! Awesome.