“Always a good dinner.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th Street
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great place to go out with friends and family for dinner or drinks. The have agood selection of steak and prime rib. My favourite is the Sirloin Oscar - steak topped with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and Bernaise sauce. The also have a good selection of seafood and chicken.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The service and food was outstanding. Sad that it is closed now. Hopefully it will reopen. only a few blocks from home for us.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

It's been a long time since I've been at a Keg...find it pricey and not as tastey as Milestones, who don't charge you for every little thing...and I always get a steak with a lot of fat and gristle at the Keg, unless I order a filet mignon...never happens at Milestones, so...

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We have been to this Keg on several occassions and have always had a pleasant dinner.

Our experience for an early dinner Saturday night was not.

The evening started out quite nicely, we were seated in a small area with 3 other tables occupied, a large table behind my husband was not. We ordered , myself the prime rib and my husband the steak and seafood special. Our appy arrived and then a second waitor seemed to join in the area. .My husband was hit by the second waitor's elbow in the head 3 times. Yes, 3 separate times. We can understand that it was unintensional, no malice intended BUT 3 times is simply careless ! The first time, whoops, the second time, ok I need to be more careful but 3 times ! We told our waitor and he asaid sorry, now it wasnt his fault but it was his guests. On the way out, we were asked by a man who turned out to be the manager how the meal was, I said it was ok considering my husband was elbowed in the head 3 times.What can he say? Not much but it doesnt make us want to return anytime soon.

Our meals were also a disappointment.The meals were not what we expected. My husbands plate had what was suppose to be an 8 oz steak with seafood. My guess was no more then a 6 oz steak, which would have been ok if the seafood promised wasnt 1 scallop, 1 prawn , 2 pieces of lobster ( barely bite size) and 1 asperagus spear. He was lucky though, my prime rib had the potaoe I chose, the prime rib and deepfried onion rings, shoe string type. But no veggie? Why no veggies? I dont understand the meat and potatoe only idea.

But to make a long story short, our Keg days are over

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went for dinner with friends to the Keg for the first time in a long time and found that the food was as good as always. This is an old established restaurant in the 'old part' of New Westminster. Close to Skytrain so easy to get to from Vancouver. Parking is not that easy but if you pull up infront of the restaurant, which is the old railway station, you'll be fine.
It was a very enjoyable evening, good food, good service with great friends. We'll be back!