“Once again the Boathouse service disappoints”

The Boathouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 273 Restaurants in New Westminster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Begbie St.
Transit: New West Skytrain Station.
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Over the years I have eaten here often and the service always disappoints. The food is okay, with a strong focus on seafood. Prices for lunch are $15 to $20 for an entree. There are a few options for non seafood eaters, but not many given the restaurants focus. Steak sandwich is good as is the cheese omelette.

The location is excellent with a large dining room, bar area and two patios. The view of the river is nice.

Slow slow slow-it is the only way to describe the service-if want your water glass filled-ask and ask again. As request for no dressing on a salad was confused. Service issues are not a on off but historical in the 10 or so years I have been going here (it is close to work).

I know that people may want to relax and spend time, but you can also provide good service as opposed to slow.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I were among a celebratory party of six at the New West Boathouse. The two of us ordered halibut off the fresh sheet. Both dinners were dry, overcooked disasters. It is improbable for a seafood-theme restaurant to destroy two pieces of very expensive fish! But it happened. I had cause in May to lament that the Port Moody Boathouse had grievously shortchanged me on a dish of crab-stuffed prawns while noting my wife's steelhead had been wonderful. And service had been impeccable. But in New West on Canada Day, on a slow night, the service was indifferent and those two halibut dinners were a crime against all things culinary. I detest being disappointed by a restaurant when people have assembled to celebrate.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went here with my mum and I enjoy the time great view of the Fraser River and the food was good and drink were fine nothing to write home about

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Four of us visited The Boathouse on Father's Day and the night was full of errors: wrong dinners served on two separate occasions by a collection of different waiters. The restaurant, surprisingly, was not busy, but regardless, a series of errors made for an odd, extended evening. The staff were trying hard but something broke down repeatedly between our original orders and the kitchen. Not a great experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

There where 2 of us ladies and we sat outside looking out over the Fraser River in New Westminster BC and enjoyed a very nice 1/2 bottle of white wine with a very nice cold Caesar Salad with a Seafood Chowder...the service was good and we took our time and did not feel like we had to eat and run and the waitress was very good...