“Good food”

Add it.
La Lorraine
Cuisines: French
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very good food and service. Lots of vegetarian choices.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The restaurant was fairly empty at the time our birthday party (for my wife and sister-in-law) arrived. We had to wait until everyone arrived before we were graced with a menu. The waiter, who I would hope was new because that would be his only excuse for the complete lack of service, took our orders rather quickly after that.

We then waited quite some time to receive any appys, funnily enough coinciding with the end of the 2nd period of the hockey game. Due to the long wait, during which we had to ask for water for 1/3 of our table and ask again for my wifes glass of wine, they brought out our split lasagna for the kids with the appys. We finish those and wait again for the waiter to grace us with his presence, 10 full minutes after the last person had finished.

At this time I asked the waiter how long it would be for our mains, his response (very snobbily I might add) was "We were waiting for you to finish your appetizers". So I'm thinking, well, where were you when we finished them then ? The hockey game must have finished being played in the kitchen because our mains came out quickly after that. Except for my sister in-law's lasagna, which did not come out until we had all finished eating, "Doggy bag please !"

The food was far from the exceptional I was hoping for, given the bad experience so far. Have you ever had squash with hard bits inside ? didn't think so. My blue rare steak was rare at best and almost fully medium on the ends. My mistake to think a place like this could cook to order or at least serve it hot.

1  Thank 0Thoth0
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Good food,great atmosphire and good music.Bit pricey for what you get though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook