“A real gem”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Westminster
British Columbia
“A real gem”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed two nights and loved it -- very reasonable, great location right next to the skytrain, and the staff were extremely helpful. Parking lot across the street $10 (worth it as street parking is hopeless). Rooms very clean, quiet and comfortable. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Winnipeg, Mb
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very friendly staff. Cozy but comfortable rooms. Good food at the lounge. Great rate! Will definitely stay again and recommend it to other people. Easy access to skytrain. Thank you! --///////////////

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed more than a week. Excellent staff - friendly and knowledgeable. Room was large, bright, and clean, with interesting pictures. Beds were firm and comfortable. Great location for boardwalk and as it is about a hundred yards from Skytrain - easy access for sightseeing in Vancouver. The staff provided a list of restaurants - tried several and they were great. The bar adjacent had a good range of beers, very good food, and excellent service; the liquour store also had a good range, and staff very helpful. The train whistles were noticeable (tracks about 200 - 300 yards away) but didn't disturb our sleep. Overall, wonderful value.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor allows pets, but the third and fourth do not (we have allergies).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Melody E, Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one and want to thank you for all your kind words. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit beautiful downtown New Westminster. Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night at the Met on our way to see family. We chose it for the price, proximity and reviews and it didn't disappoint. The service was amazing, the staff was phenomenal, our room was clean and comfortable and for us, the location was great, close to Mom and right by the boardwalk in down town New West. It was a bit loud, but the noise didn't keep us up, the sky train and bar below were the culprits. We will definitely be back. Oh, and a couple doors up the street was some delicious BC sushi!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Melody E, Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we certainly are delighted to hear that our staff helped to make your stay a memorable one, we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Met Hotel!
Watson Lake
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Could not have been happier.Awesome staff,great room,excellent food all at unbeatable prices.Only negative was noise from the sky train but I always travel with ear plugs so it was no big deal.Booked my room for next visit before I checked out.Thanks Met.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street to avoid sky train noise and noise from the patio of the pub if it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank laurence D
Melody E, Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit to the Met! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back. We hope you have wonderful day!
VA
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A 3rd of the downtown price, and a great room, quiet, with a terrific pub attached. And the food in the pub is so good, I ate all my meals there. So comfortable was I, that I moved my laptop down and worked for 4 hours at a time at the end of the bar, with bigscreen sports and rock music, I'm 57 and loved it. All bar patrons, and especially the staff are charming. The neighborhood is safe, and I even walked to Mass uphill 4 blocks on Sunday. Starbucks 1 block away, pharmacy across the street. Plenty of cabs at the door. And access to Vancouver? : I could walk literally 20 paces out the door to the right, and down the stairs is the Skytrain Columbia Station to the right of the hotel entrance. Who needs the downtown monsters at $275/night ? I can afford it, but, THE MET will be my first choice.

Room Tip: It was so quiet when I was here, It just promoted sleep
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Melody E, Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We at the Met are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us! The Servers in the Met Bar and Grill all wanted me to extend their thanks for your kind works. We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our little Hotel, Have a wonderful day and we certainly look forward to seeing you again.
Fort Steele, BC
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I arrived at my destination, the Met Hotel, via taxi from the airport in a timely manner just at the end of rush hour traffic. Front desk and elevator are close at hand so no getting lost in finding the way to my room. The customer service provided by the front desk attendant was exceptional in covering all of the details of my stay and offering suggestions for places to eat and things to do. His explanation of the need to put the extra charge on my credit card was made with compassion and he reassured me that the fee would be removed when I checked out the next morning. My son was with me and having been in this role in the past at another hotel commented on the thorough and professional manner of the gentleman at the desk. As pointed out by other travellers the room was spacious and sorry I only had one night to stay there. It is well situated with a skytrain station entrance close at hand. I would recommend the Met Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Melody E, Manager at The Met Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
It is always so wonderful to hear that we have excelled in customer service. We at The Met Hotel were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to welcome you back the next time you visit New Westminster. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope you have a wonderful day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Westminster
Ramada Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam
Best Western Plus Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre

Been to The Met Hotel? Share your experiences!