1. The room rate!
2. Location is next door to skytrain Columbia station, walking distance to restaurants, shops, grocery stores, comedy club, etc.
3. Simple with all the basics.
4. Discounts to local restaurants and events.
5. Pet friendly with pet rooms all on the same floor.
6. 20-25 minute train ride from Vancouver.
7. Friendly staff.
Parking options are not clearly outlined on the website. They are also not clearly communicated by the front desk. I eventually learned that parking is offered at $10 + tax a day from noon to noon in the public parking garage across the street. Tax is $3.50 for a total of $13.50. The Met is on a commercial block without parking. Doesn't sound too bad until you learn that:
- Parking in the same public garage is $9.50 a day.
$7.00 from 6 am to 6 pm
$2.50 from 6 pm to 6 am
- After 6 pm the meters in New Westminster are free until 8 am.
This means that The Met is charging twice the general rate for the convenience of not having to move your car until noon.
Contrary to previous reviewers the cleanliness in my room was average. I actually selected this hotel based on the comments, "highest standard" of clean. That was not the case. Overall the room was clean. The hitch was an assortment of stray hairs: male, female and I suspect a dog, all over the bathroom with the ripped and tattered towel. End of the world? No, but definitely not the highest standard.
The location of the skytrain station is superb with the price of street noise. If you are a light sleepier, this may become a problem. Try requesting a room on the front side of the Met.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Met Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Met Hotel New Westminster