“Tasty Mexican Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Tasty Mexican Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food is fresh, delicious and plentiful, the prices are great too. Service is kind of slow, not enough wait staff, but the food usually shows up pretty quickly. A small noisy dining area with a tile floor, christmas lights and cheesy artwork, squeezy bottles of spicy and not-as-spicy salsa on the tables. It's a fun and busy atmosphere, very reminiscent of little places in Mexico. Try it out and make up your own mind about it! If you like their salsa you can buy some to take home.

• Visited July 2013

“Disappointing, poor food and poor service”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ok, I was excited to try this place after reading all the excellent reviews on here.

All I can say is wow, was I mislead!

This is was a total disappointment in just every way possible.

The food is not even close to authentic Mexican. Granted in comparison to most Mexican restaurants in the lower mainland it comes a little bit closer than the "Mexican" inspired cuisine usually served.

The carne asade was seasoned with what seems to be montreal steak spice. The carnitas were dry and lacking seasoning. The only bright spot was the green salsa, that is pretty much the only thing I read on here that was accurate.

The service, or lack of, was the real disappointment. They seemed understaffed for the dinner hours to start with, having only 2 waitresses working. It was made worse when as we tried to pay and leave we discovered that only one of the waitresses can actually ring up the bills. That is 25 minutes of my life that I will not get back that I had to spend waiting to give my money to someone. I can cut them some slack for being understaffed, ok it happens, but how can only one person in the entire restaurant operate the register? That is utterly ridiculous.

The crappy service could be forgiven if the food was worth it, but it is not.

I do not recommend this place, and I question the validity of the reviews posted here because there were a lot of unhappy customers there besides me.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jonathan D
Vancouver, Canada
“Best mexican food in GVRD! Incredible value for your money.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very good mexican restaurant. The food here tastes fresh and authentic. Their prices are fantastic. Such great value for your money. The decor and ambiance is severely lacking, however, so you're unlikely to impress your date coming here, but if you're looking for tasy mexican food for a great price, I think this is probbably the best your likely to find in the GVRD. I wish they would renovate, but when they are packed every single night as they are now, I guess there isn't much of a rush.

I really want to give this restaurant five stars, but I can't for the following reasons:

-I don't like their cheap looking laminated menus. Surely, their business is good that they can afford something better than what they have now. It really doesn't strike a good first impression of the place.
-They don't even list a horchatta on their menu. Come on, guys..?
-The tables, chairs, decor, etc, all need to updated, the restaurant looks dreary and depressing.
-Why do you serve your mexican sauces in cheap looking "ketchup" and "mustard" containers. Serve it separately with your chips, or in nicer dishes. It looks tacky and cheap.

I don't expect you to be a five star restaurant overnight, but currently, the decor and ambiance really hold this place back from obtaining greatness. With a few small changes, they can elevate their restaurant to a higher level than it currently is.

• Visited March 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Quality Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our office recently found this place in our neighbourhood. I frequently travel to Mexico & haven't found quality Mexican food here at home...until now. I'm an extremely picky eater & I haven't found anything here to complain about.

There are various vegetarian options, gluten free choices and they use breast meat in their chicken offerings. What more could you ask for.

Everything is very reasonably priced & you're given generous portions. If you can't eat in-you can phone in a take out order.

Everyone in our office have become regulars!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank destination_sun
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
“Best Mexican food in the region”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

In a region where Mexican food is generally dismal, this place delivers consistent taste and quality. It's certainly not a tourist draw (unless you're out to try Mexican joints in every country), but for many locals--including us--it has quickly become a regular haunt.

The food is generally not smothered and swimming in sauce and cheese like you're used to in many American-style Mexican places. Cheese seems to be used sparingly in the dishes where it's used at all, which makes it a flavour instead of a gooey mess.

My fave is generally choosing four tacos (basically street-size tacos), with the carnitas (fatty pork) being my top, and the fish being second-best. I also really like the pastor version, and the choriqueso. Add an order of refried beans and it's a perfect meal.

The ambiance is very local, and nothing fancy. But it's clean and well-run. The serving staff work VERY hard to keep up, and are wonderfully friendly when they have a moment to chat.

A true local find.